Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 PM

947 posts, read 3,400,206 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your reply!
Haha! I meant, ... and was wondering if, for whatever reason, ABF is not able to locate my container, be it, being shipped to the opposite side of the country or ends up at the correct facility but still unable to locate it/ match numbers, whatever (how ever they do it)

should I be putting a tarp over top of everything?

maybe not good to be leaving outside for a few months then.

i live in a house, no hoa, but looking at their website now, their trailer is big, long, needs 40 length

**should i be starting a new thread???

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 PM

521 posts, read 4,402,292 times
Personally, I don't think it's ever a good idea to leave household goods outside regardless of the construction or type of moving container being used to store the goods.

Some containers have metal roofs and sides. Others have translucent plastic roofs and wooden, metal, or composite sides. Still others are constructed completely of wood.

Regardless of the construction, the contents are exposed to extreme heat or cold and temperature and humidity changes. The glue, synthetic adhesives, plastic and paint melt or contract depending on the environment, items stored near the roof can become discolored in the sun, or else become infested with mildew/mold if stored near the floor.

I recall one family who found their entire household infested with Florida fire ants and roaches. They were apparently attracted to food crumbs and dry goods stored inside the two 16' do-it-yourself containers they left outside for several months.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM

947 posts, read 3,400,206 times
Ugh! that is disgusting, I do not want that

Ok, but there are some storage containers, that move and store- storage is in an "air-controlled" warehouse, what about those...?

it would most likely be 8 months or less in AZ for storage... starting from Sept, while I search for a house to purchase. It would be so much more convenient for me to not have to unpack items into a storage unit from container/trailer/truck, just to pack up again and then unload at new place...
as I have help from where I am moving from but limited help (with out paid help) at new location.

thanks again!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 PM

521 posts, read 4,402,292 times
Mobile/portable containers are the best value in situations like yours. Many vendors offer inside storage options. They just cost more depending on the level of service ordered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues