U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:23 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times

Advertisements

You can't get UI if you are not able and available for full time work, you would be disqualified for medical reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM

1,877 posts, read 3,727,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashies View Post
I am on FLMA due to high stress levels which are causing me to have margine episodes that last 24 hrs or more. When I have them I became very photophobic and cant deal with any sound. My situation with the money is werid , if I did loose my job at random when not knowing it was going to happen my mom would use her extra money to buy me a one way ticket home. Which is great but a problem cause I have a cat and a jeep that would be stuck in oregon. I have attempted to sell my vechile but no one is buying in my area.
Your mom's not letting you bring your pet? What kind of crap is that?

Better yet, let your mom give you money for GAS, not a ticket. Drive. Bring your pet. Sell off/give away to Salvation Army what you can.
Sorry, I'd never leave my pet.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM

4,948 posts, read 16,533,635 times
Quote:
Well the situation is my job went from care customer to sales , and I am not meeting the sales quota for the month. But when I do meet the quota I get naste looks. Right now I am on FMLA &OFMLA, I have been told when I am pulled off to the side that I have three choices : quit , improved my sales or be fired. Everytime I am told this that it has nothing to do with my leave.

In regards to insurance I am 22 and my mom is able to add me to her insurance only thing is that I have to go to school. To be on her insurance. I am waiting to see what happens but my work is getting hard with me being treated badly.
I had that sales and quota job also and they had changed the terms of
my job contract. I also since the quota did keep going up did not meet it.
I did quit and did apply for unemployment and got it. I had to have it
investigated and the reason was they changed the terms of my hiring contract. Also people who got fired for not making the quota is sales
also got the unemployment however most just left b4 they got fired.
That way when looking for a new job it was not of there record. The company
also said it was transportation why I left. I said that was wrong I had just got a new car.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 PM

9,688 posts, read 15,881,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post

Better yet, let your mom give you money for GAS, not a ticket. Drive. Bring your pet. Sell off/give away to Salvation Army what you can.

some airlines allow you to take pets---check into it. You can either store the pet in the luggage hold---which I do NOT recommend---or, on certain airlines, you can bring the pet inside the cabin with you. You have to purchase a special cage that will fit under the seat. You can find airline approved cages at places like Petco, Petsmart, etc. They don't allow much room, about 7 inches in height, my cat had to travel laying down, but we made it. also, they do charge for bringing the cat on board. also, get a harnass for the cat and a leash, in case the airline security wants you to remove the animal for inspection, otherwise, you might not be able to get a good grip on the cat.

Also, have you checked into Pet airways? They are exclusively to fly animals, but their routes are limited, might give them a try.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 PM

2,222 posts, read 9,482,735 times
Quote:
Well the situation is my job went from care customer to sales
Why? How did this happen? Who made this decision and why? Were you salary and then commission?

Old 08-09-2011, 04:33 PM

37,144 posts, read 45,685,601 times
Kiddo, I hate to be blunt, but you seem only semi-literate. You have seen the writing on the wall at work, so get to your mother's ASAP, get more education, and thank her every day. Once you are able to be self sufficient, then see how the boyfriend is doing. If he has grown and is worthy of you, then you can reconnect.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:58 PM

863 posts, read 2,586,369 times
[quote=Ashies;20191821]
In regards to insurance I am 22 and my mom is able to add me to her insurance only thing is that I have to go to school. To be on her insurance. quote]

Have your mom check on this again. Obamacare is phasing in Healthcare coverage for dependents up to 26, no student status required. Just try and not let your coverage lapse.

Go home and get some education behind you! Good Luck!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM

93 posts, read 186,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post

I understand why you wouldn't leave your pet, but it is not up to us to judge why the mother would not want a pet in her home. Even though you and I love our pets unconditionally, some people do not like pets. Some people can not tolerate pets due to allergies, cleanliness, etc.

When you go to live in someone else's home you must abide by their rules and desires and it is very selfish of us to think that we can have everything all our way, especially when you are relying on the finances of someone else. These kind of situations always come at a price and that price is, you are subject to the whims and rules on whoever is providing you with room and board.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,252,913 times
Did the original poster actually say that her mom wouldn't let her bring the cat?

Quote:
if I did loose my job at random when not knowing it was going to happen my mom would use her extra money to buy me a one way ticket home. Which is great but a problem cause I have a cat and a jeep that would be stuck in oregon.
The way I read it, if she gets fired, her mother will buy a one-way plane ticket for her - and she'd be forced to leave her car and her cat behind, since she couldn't take them on the plane.

But if she wants to drive, and bring the car and the cat, she would have to pay for the trip herself, and that's a problem because she's broke.

Could be wrong, but that's the way I read it!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:37 PM

93 posts, read 186,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Did the original poster actually say that her mom wouldn't let her bring the cat?

The way I read it, if she gets fired, her mother will buy a one-way plane ticket for her - and she'd be forced to leave her car and her cat behind, since she couldn't take them on the plane.

But if she wants to drive, and bring the car and the cat, she would have to pay for the trip herself, and that's a problem because she's broke.

Could be wrong, but that's the way I read it!
I think you are right, bounce! Thanks for pointing this out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues