U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:37 AM

5,547 posts, read 8,588,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashies View Post
Well the situation is my job went from care customer to sales , and I am not meeting the sales quota for the month. But when I do meet the quota I get naste looks. Right now I am on FMLA &OFMLA, I have been told when I am pulled off to the side that I have three choices : quit , improved my sales or be fired. Everytime I am told this that it has nothing to do with my leave.

In regards to insurance I am 22 and my mom is able to add me to her insurance only thing is that I have to go to school. To be on her insurance. I am waiting to see what happens but my work is getting hard with me being treated badly.
I'd quit. I was in a similar situation with the quota deal and they had a step by step process written up for termination for those failing to meet quota. I didn't take the job under those conditions, wasn't going to kill myself to meet quota, so I left. I did not even try for UI, as their process was so well defined I didn't think I'd have a chance at it. It would have been termination for cause in my case and that damn company would have found a way to not pay it.

Fortunately, you have an opportunity where I did not. Grab it and run with it ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 PM

1,877 posts, read 3,712,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereandbacktwotimes View Post
I understand why you wouldn't leave your pet, but it is not up to us to judge why the mother would not want a pet in her home. Even though you and I love our pets unconditionally, some people do not like pets. Some people can not tolerate pets due to allergies, cleanliness, etc.

When you go to live in someone else's home you must abide by their rules and desires and it is very selfish of us to think that we can have everything all our way, especially when you are relying on the finances of someone else. These kind of situations always come at a price and that price is, you are subject to the whims and rules on whoever is providing you with room and board.
I totally agree!

My issue is with the idea she'd actually see going to mom's as an option without her pet.

I guess I'm one of those people who feel a pet is for life.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post

The way I read it, if she gets fired, her mother will buy a one-way plane ticket for her - and she'd be forced to leave her car and her cat behind, since she couldn't take them on the plane.

But if she wants to drive, and bring the car and the cat, she would have to pay for the trip herself, and that's a problem because she's broke.

Could be wrong, but that's the way I read it!
Yeah I was kind of wondering that too. I hope this is the case and she's not actually putting her daughter in a position of giving up her pet.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Kiddo, I hate to be blunt, but you seem only semi-literate. You have seen the writing on the wall at work, so get to your mother's ASAP, get more education, and thank her every day. Once you are able to be self sufficient, then see how the boyfriend is doing. If he has grown and is worthy of you, then you can reconnect.

lol Don't judge a book by its cover, my cousin went through a period where her typing made her look like a ghetto hillbilly and I know she's anything BUT.

Some peoples' typing is far different from how they are in life. Just look at Cher's tweets on Twitter...

Aside from your assumption of her literacy, that is solid advice. (If she can keep the pet!) It's up to her, obviously. But I'm just saying if it were me personally, no matter how rough times got, leaving my pet would not be an option.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM

36,960 posts, read 45,395,424 times
Cher's tweets on Twitter? I doubt if she even finished high school. Bad example to make your point.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Cher's tweets on Twitter? I doubt if she even finished high school. Bad example to make your point.
Have you heard her speak in interviews? Very intelligent, wise, and funny woman.

She didn't become and remain rich by being dumb.

But anyway... back to the topic...

I don't care if a person has a Master's Degree, if they're slim on manners, I don't want them around...

Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 AM

21 posts, read 31,362 times
I have talked with my mom and family in regards to my dilemma of what to do. Will I have decided based on family suggestions and advice. Thats it is best to plan to move back home, and to continue to the pursuit of going to college once I am back home. I have already started the process of getting ready to move. In regards to my kitty cat I have plans for her since the airline will not let her travel since she is one of the breeds that are known to have issues with flying. So she is being given to a family friend who took care of her when she was first adopted, if I could bring her my step dad doesnt like pets but my mom said that my step dad will think about for the future.

My mom is helping me moved but we argeed once I have moved and working again that I would pay back the money for airline ticket.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,154,012 times
I'm glad that you have made that decision - and it sounds like your kitty will have a good home. Good luck with school and finding another job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues