U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2011, 08:34 PM
 
21 posts, read 31,440 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

I recent found out that I may be fired but it hasnt been put in stone as far as I know. Where I live I only have my grandma and no other family. And that includes my boyfriends family he has no one where were are at now which oregon. My mom thinks that I should go back to texas ans live with her. She said that she would allow me to live her until I finish school and gradute and have money saved up. For my boyfirend he would live with his parents but would be enrolling in military due to argeement with his father whom is a drill sgt and to pay off a SUV. If I do get fired , I would have no where to go or anyone to fall back on in oregon. But if I go to texas I wouldnt have to worry about what,would happen. If we go back to texas , we are going to travel by taking our car. I was think bare bones of the things we have, Is it a good idea to travel cross country or stay put and wait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM
 
719 posts, read 1,316,974 times
Reputation: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashies View Post
I recent found out that I may be fired but it hasnt been put in stone as far as I know. Where I live I only have my grandma and no other family. And that includes my boyfriends family he has no one where were are at now which oregon. My mom thinks that I should go back to texas ans live with her. She said that she would allow me to live her until I finish school and gradute and have money saved up. For my boyfirend he would live with his parents but would be enrolling in military due to argeement with his father whom is a drill sgt and to pay off a SUV. If I do get fired , I would have no where to go or anyone to fall back on in oregon. But if I go to texas I wouldnt have to worry about what,would happen. If we go back to texas , we are going to travel by taking our car. I was think bare bones of the things we have, Is it a good idea to travel cross country or stay put and wait?

The opportunity to live rent free, with family, go to school, get a degree and start a career? Why wait to get fired. Go NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:18 PM
 
21 posts, read 31,440 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
The opportunity to live rent free, with family, go to school, get a degree and start a career? Why wait to get fired. Go NOW!
I,would love to just leave little problem lack of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM
 
1,590 posts, read 587,704 times
Reputation: 3402
Thumbs up Texas economy is better than most, I have read

Hi -I'm a mom and I would agree, it is probably best to go home to Texas, live with family in a stable situation, and complete your education. A roof over your head is always a good thing! Depending on the size of your home town, you may be able to find a job there fairly quick. As for your boyfriend, the military can offer great training, benefits, and opportunities; things may work out fine! BTW, if you do stay and do lose your job, as long as you did not lose it for some infraction [such as stealing from the company] you may be able to file for unemployment insurance and file an interstate claim when you arrive back home in Texas. However, you have to have worked and paid into the system long enough, in order to collect. And if you register as a fulltime student, you usually can't collect unemployment while in a full-time student status. You have to be actively searching for full-time employment and readily available for work. So, there are some unanwsered variables to be considered. Good luck to you both!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Kountze, Texas
1,013 posts, read 1,161,032 times
Reputation: 1267
HollyhockGarden - very good points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 10:34 PM
 
21 posts, read 31,440 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Hi -I'm a mom and I would agree, it is probably best to go home to Texas, live with family in a stable situation, and complete your education. A roof over your head is always a good thing! Depending on the size of your home town, you may be able to find a job there fairly quick. As for your boyfriend, the military can offer great training, benefits, and opportunities; things may work out fine! BTW, if you do stay and do lose your job, as long as you did not lose it for some infraction [such as stealing from the company] you may be able to file for unemployment insurance and file an interstate claim when you arrive back home in Texas. However, you have to have worked and paid into the system long enough, in order to collect. And if you register as a fulltime student, you usually can't collect unemployment while in a full-time student status. You have to be actively searching for full-time employment and readily available for work. So, there are some unanwsered variables to be considered. Good luck to you both!!!!
Thank you state some very good points. I have worked with this current employer for 3 yrs will be four next month full time over 40 hours a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
 
719 posts, read 1,316,974 times
Reputation: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashies View Post
I,would love to just leave little problem lack of money.

Oh. yeah. I hate that pesky problem myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM
 
9,693 posts, read 15,888,099 times
Reputation: 16061
Don't quit---wait for them to fire you!

If you quit, you can't collect unemployment. If fired, they usually will grant you UE, unless fired for gross misconduct. Not knowing your situation, I can't comment if its gross misconduct, but my guess would be if you'd committed gross misconduct you would have been fired immediately. Things like stealing, shooting up the place, etc.

Actually, if they try to say an act was GMC and take 2-3 weeks to fire you, there's your defense. If it was GMC why did they keep you on for any length of time?

Also, if laid off for any reason other than GMC, you can continue with medical insurance on Cobra, but its expensive. Look at all your angles before you leap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Reputation: 26119
Just leave. In your situation, you don't need to go thru the pain of wating to be fired. You can easily get another job. I suggest you move home, go to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 PM
 
21 posts, read 31,440 times
Reputation: 15
Well the situation is my job went from care customer to sales , and I am not meeting the sales quota for the month. But when I do meet the quota I get naste looks. Right now I am on FMLA &OFMLA, I have been told when I am pulled off to the side that I have three choices : quit , improved my sales or be fired. Everytime I am told this that it has nothing to do with my leave.

In regards to insurance I am 22 and my mom is able to add me to her insurance only thing is that I have to go to school. To be on her insurance. I am waiting to see what happens but my work is getting hard with me being treated badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top