U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,603,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnageCAB View Post
My roommate and I are completely packing up and moving to Long Beach, California from Columbia, South Carolina in 18 days. We are gonna pack what we can in our cars (clothes, pc, xbox, longboards, guitar, and food) then have about $7000 between the two of us. Haven't put as much planning into it as we should have. Been wanting to do the move for years but planning it for a few months. But man time is flying by. With only 18 days left there is so much stuff I need to do as well as want to do before leaving all my friends and family. It's gonna be scary but i'm hoping for the best.
Good luck, I would never want to live in CA personally (too expensive).

Old 08-10-2014, 12:19 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,603,488 times
I've found to like my new homes because each and every city has its' fun things to do. I never truly hated a place, not enough to force me to move.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM

522 posts, read 553,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
This is true. I never psychologically fully recovered from my unsuccessful Phoenix move until recently. I mentally tortured myself for years after I flaked out. I will not move to Phoenix again, but I will move somewhere. For now though I do my best here in the Lehizzle fo Shizzle. I hope another opportunity presents itself in 6 months-2years.
I was recently offered a job in Phoenix but turned it down because the city seems so desolate from everything. I'm interested, what is it that you didn't like?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:45 PM

347 posts, read 325,598 times
I've done this a few times. Moved from Denver to Dallas and back to Denver. Absolutely hated it there and it never once felt like home. Moved back to Denver feeling grateful to be back. However, in the two years since I've been back all the stuff I despised has resurfaced and is now magnified. Need to leave this state again for good! Any suggestions?

Also moved back and forth a few times from Vegas. Left two times due to job situations and layoffs. Absolutely loved living there though!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:46 PM

347 posts, read 325,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
I was recently offered a job in Phoenix but turned it down because the city seems so desolate from everything. I'm interested, what is it that you didn't like?
I'm interested too. Considering relocating there myself.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:54 PM

9,025 posts, read 9,449,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
I'm interested too. Considering relocating there myself.

Also interested, as I am curious as to what "desolate from everything means." One of the appeals to a lot of people that live here is that it is so close to so much for weekends away. Las Vegas, LA, San Diego, Sedona, and many other places are really pretty close, as well as a lot of areas that are not cities but great places to explore nature. You can fly to Vegas in like 45 minutes, drive there in about 4-4.5 hours, for instance.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:59 PM

5,045 posts, read 5,964,254 times
I think Phoenix is neat! I don't understand that post, either. If I could deal with the climate, it would be on my retirement list, but I can't deal with that sort of heat, at least at this point in my life.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I think Phoenix is neat! I don't understand that post, either. If I could deal with the climate, it would be on my retirement list, but I can't deal with that sort of heat, at least at this point in my life.

I am still waiting for it to get hot!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:33 AM

5,045 posts, read 5,964,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I am still waiting for it to get hot!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post

it's so dry here that it never feels uncomfortable to me. 105 feels like a nice 80 degree day. Mornings when it is only 85 feel cool! Sure, you want to park in the shade as much as possible, but other than that, it's been a breeze to handle the heat here.

People here complain about the humidity, but I have yet to really feel it. Dew points near 60 seem muggy to those here, but they are a breeze to me, who is used to dew points reaching the low-mid 70 easy in the summer. 30% humidity is still a dry day to me!

Not a problem at all. And lots of thunderstorms this time of year, though they roll through fast and are more widespread than in the midwest. No grey, dreary all-day rain type of days here. And no gnats and fewer mosquitoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or