U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Status: "Stranger than Fiction" (set 17 days ago)
 
8,564 posts, read 10,776,860 times
Reputation: 12561

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
New twist, our house sold and now I have this fear that if we move somewhere else, it will bad like this. If we return somewhere we lived before, which we have done before, it may have significantly changed. I know there are supposed to be more than one entrance, "Gateway to Hell" which I fondly nicknamed my present location.

Try to look at it as some improvements, not utopia or even wonderful maybe, but some improvement in some areas is better than none. And, at least you're trying to improve circumstances. Some people stay in hell way beyond what they should, for fear of trying. Kudos for trying!!

 
Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
 
Location: PNW native currently residing in the SoCal high desert
259 posts, read 558,345 times
Reputation: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I know this sounds a little hokey, but have any of you heard of Astrocartography? It is a way to see where your planets are in different places.
Never heard of it, even though I use to dabble in astrology.
Funny, my chart shows that I wouldn't be happy where I live now (which I'm not) and would be happy in my home town, where I want to move back to and I was happy to be. BUT my DH's chart shows he's happy here (which he is) and would not be happy in my home town (and has never been enthusiastic about moving or even visiting there).
Well ! Figures .
I've traveled around a bit and I find it interesting that the chart corresponds quite eerily to the places I liked/disliked.
 
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Status: "Stranger than Fiction" (set 17 days ago)
 
8,564 posts, read 10,776,860 times
Reputation: 12561
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowHorse View Post
Never heard of it, even though I use to dabble in astrology.
Funny, my chart shows that I wouldn't be happy where I live now (which I'm not) and would be happy in my home town, where I want to move back to and I was happy to be. BUT my DH's chart shows he's happy here (which he is) and would not be happy in my home town (and has never been enthusiastic about moving or even visiting there).
Well ! Figures .
I've traveled around a bit and I find it interesting that the chart corresponds quite eerily to the places I liked/disliked.
It does work. I've lived in different areas and see, as the planets moved to my angles (ex--Sun/4th, Uranus/7th in the West) how much changed. But, too much Uranus wasn't easy on my system and although it helped me cultivate into an "individual," it provided no "community." Where I am now, it's my birth chart and Moon is emphasized (home), but w/ old Man Saturn involved, I don't know, that stuff will be more evident here...
 
Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,187 posts, read 14,953,306 times
Reputation: 18248
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingonagain777 View Post
Don't fear the move AnywhereElse. I was in your situation and thought I couldn't possibly feel different after being in that rut for such a long time! Once I moved out of the Ozarks back West it was the best moment in time. No regrets. Think positive thoughts and move ahead!!

I absolutely get what your saying about 'Gateway to Hell'! I felt like I was living in hell!!! I will never return to that part of the nation!! Every now and then there is a reminder from that place......and it's such a great reminder that I made the right decision to make that move!!

Where are you headed?
Even at this moment we aren't sure. We are going to get a camper, we always used to have one, and that will buy us time to explore the options. Today we start putting our household goods, etc. in a storage unit. Thankfully, we will be around 90 degrees versus 100 plus last week. Thanks for the encouragement.
 
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 AM
 
Location: right here
4,127 posts, read 4,762,267 times
Reputation: 4862
I'm still in crappy Florida...I'm again thinking of moving back to Denver-but it means leaving my other half. I miss my family, and I miss my friends.....

I'm turning into a mess here....my other half won't move because of job and family. I don't think I can take much more here...I wonder if I'm not trying hard enough...
 
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
 
Location: N26.03 W80.11
326 posts, read 825,621 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm still in crappy Florida...I'm again thinking of moving back to Denver-but it means leaving my other half. I miss my family, and I miss my friends.....

I'm turning into a mess here....my other half won't move because of job and family. I don't think I can take much more here...I wonder if I'm not trying hard enough...
Which part of Florida are you in? I know here where I am it can be really tough getting to know people, even as just as acquaintances--real friends are almost impossible--just due to the very transient nature of the area. It seems like every time I get to know someone, they're planning on moving away. I only really have a couple of people I hang out with every now and then other than my husband. It's really hard to be away from everyone and everything you know. I hope it gets better for you.
 
Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Status: "Stranger than Fiction" (set 17 days ago)
 
8,564 posts, read 10,776,860 times
Reputation: 12561
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm still in crappy Florida...I'm again thinking of moving back to Denver-but it means leaving my other half. I miss my family, and I miss my friends.....

I'm turning into a mess here....my other half won't move because of job and family. I don't think I can take much more here...I wonder if I'm not trying hard enough...
I hope you get to where you like. It's not fun being uncomfortable where you are. I just moved, but am not sure this will be the last. East coast probably, yes, but the city might change in time. Have patience with yourself. It will change, maybe just a bit more time. Don't give up.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,748 posts, read 3,323,635 times
Reputation: 6467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
It does work. I've lived in different areas and see, as the planets moved to my angles (ex--Sun/4th, Uranus/7th in the West) how much changed. But, too much Uranus wasn't easy on my system and although it helped me cultivate into an "individual," it provided no "community." Where I am now, it's my birth chart and Moon is emphasized (home), but w/ old Man Saturn involved, I don't know, that stuff will be more evident here...
How do you do Astrocartography? Do you know how? It really interests me. I think the vibes in an area need to match yours. Some do. And some clash.

I'd like to know more.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 09:08 AM
 
1,094 posts, read 2,654,600 times
Reputation: 723
Have any of you ever actually LIKED a place where nothing went right? We like so much about where we're living - the weather, low crime, the schools, most of the people, the vibe, etc. However, when it comes to jobs and homes, it's a different story. This is the third house we've rented where we've been screwed over. The bank showed up thursday and said the agent of the house has not been paying the mortgage. He tried to scare me and say we had 48 hours to get out, but I'm not falling for that. Don't get me wrong, I know we don't have much time, but this seems to be indicative of a lot of the ll's around here. Because it's a college town, they seem to get away with renting hovels for 1400 or 1500 a month. I'm freaking out - not sure what we're gonna do. We paid a deposit and have paid rent through the end of August and have no money coming in until then either. I've been on more job interviews than I can count - but again, because it's a college town, it's flooded with people with Bachelor degrees working clerical, office manager type jobs - the same ones I'm qualified for - without a bachelor degree.

We're gonna move, but one of my daughters is going to be a senior in high school this year, so we're trying to stick it out.

Anyway, the point is - have any of ya'll been through this? We've been here for a few years, and we kept telling ourselves that stuff like this happens everywhere, which I know it does, but it just seems to be over-exaggerated here.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM
 
4,532 posts, read 5,091,803 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Have any of you ever actually LIKED a place where nothing went right? We like so much about where we're living - the weather, low crime, the schools, most of the people, the vibe, etc. However, when it comes to jobs and homes, it's a different story. This is the third house we've rented where we've been screwed over. The bank showed up thursday and said the agent of the house has not been paying the mortgage. He tried to scare me and say we had 48 hours to get out, but I'm not falling for that. Don't get me wrong, I know we don't have much time, but this seems to be indicative of a lot of the ll's around here. Because it's a college town, they seem to get away with renting hovels for 1400 or 1500 a month. I'm freaking out - not sure what we're gonna do. We paid a deposit and have paid rent through the end of August and have no money coming in until then either. I've been on more job interviews than I can count - but again, because it's a college town, it's flooded with people with Bachelor degrees working clerical, office manager type jobs - the same ones I'm qualified for - without a bachelor degree.

We're gonna move, but one of my daughters is going to be a senior in high school this year, so we're trying to stick it out.

Anyway, the point is - have any of ya'll been through this? We've been here for a few years, and we kept telling ourselves that stuff like this happens everywhere, which I know it does, but it just seems to be over-exaggerated here.
sounds like the northeast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top