Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 08:53 PM

479 posts, read 1,015,121 times

Advertisements

Thank you for sharing your insight! I love Colorado very much and was sick about leaving Boulder!! I would go back in a heartbeat but for some reason it was time to go to the next chapter. I agree that visiting doesn't give you the same perspective but I think it will help me get a sense of how I would feel there. The only thing that will be missing is experiencing the summer there. I do have a post on the Tampa Bay area forum. I also read a large amount of posts on the Florida and New Mexico forums. There are negative posts on both which I understand that we all are different in what we like but I was hoping for more positives to see what pulled folks to those areas. I love your feedback Dogmama.....but it made me miss Colorado again!!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:20 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I lived in Florida in the 90's for 4 yrs. I really disliked it--everything about it. It wasn't the right culture for me or fit. The weather was okay, 3 mths. of heat, but the rest of the months very pleasant. I could stand the weather, but it was a very "big brother" culture to me.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:04 AM

66 posts, read 286,777 times
New mexico,new mexico,great state no humidity and there is snow

Old 01-15-2012, 01:18 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
New Mexico has lots of beach but no ocean.
Just FYI, NM is a good choice but if you're gonna move here and then complain about having a "lack of culture" or "lack of options" (usually for food), then prepare to be disliked- this happens with fair frequency and usually people who've only ever lived in the bigger cities or on the coasts do stuff like that.

That said, good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:45 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingonagain777 View Post
I am interested in opinions regarding relocation. If you had a choice between Albuquerque, NM and Clearwater, Fl to live (having a job in either place) which would you choose and why????
I grew up in South Florida, have relatives there, but traveled around and moved to Rio Rancho (on the north border of Albuquerque) in 1998. My wife had a good paying job in Albuquerque and I have traveled to various parts of of the Southwest in the past.

We are both now retired, with some family here, and plan on staying.

I see you have traveled already to various places, New Mexico was really on the top of my list since 1968...

Rich

Old 01-19-2012, 04:26 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Born and raised in CO-hence the name...live in FL-FL is a shi&^hole....rednecks everywhere ( I live in Tampa Bay)-I would go to NM-used to visit several times a year...love it.
My goal is to attend nursing school or some medical field and move back west

Old 01-19-2012, 05:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:
I am interested in opinions regarding relocation. If you had a choice between Albuquerque, NM and Clearwater, Fl to live (having a job in either place) which would you choose and why????
I'd personally choose Clearwater unless the job didn't pay me enough to live there. I've never been to New Mexico but my grandfather had a few times, and he loved it and wanted to move there. I've heard it's beautiful.

One thing about New Mexico is that it does snow there so if that's something that bothers you New Mexico may not be the place for you. It's also not humid there, with a few exceptions, the west tends to be dry rather than humid which is the opposite of Florida. There is a lot to do in Florida which might be fun at first but which may or may not get old after awhile (going to the beach would never get old to me but what the hey).

There is a heavy presence of Native American and Mexican culture down in New Mexico, a lot to do in the way of outdoor recreation and some awesome canyons and caves I'd love to see someday.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM

416 posts, read 630,339 times
Quote:
I really don't know much about New Mexico, and I don't know much about Florida outside of Jacksonville, Florida where I've lived for the last 20+ years, but I haven't liked it since arriving. I'd move but I'm afraid I couldn't land a job.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
New Mexico

Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 AM

479 posts, read 1,015,121 times
Thanks for all the feedback! My husband just landed in Albuquerque at this moment! I wish I was there with him! I loved living in the West (Arizona, Colorado, California and Utah) and know that I will feel at home in New Mexico! I look forward to the new chapter in my life and I am very anxious for the experience! Now we are researching different areas to see where we will fit best. Looking into Corrales, NE Albuquerque and Placitas. All seem to have their own beauty and charm. Love nature, hiking and space!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues