U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like, love, hate, or could care less where you live? Want to stay or go?
Like it, but sometimes I daydream about other places... 68 31.48%
Love it, I'll never ever leave! 27 12.50%
Hate it, I can't wait to get out of here! 120 55.56%
Could care less any place works for me. 4 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:30 AM

3,672 posts, read 6,040,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
You might really like Florida! Winter doesn't "really" exist from some parts of Central to South Florida. North Florida can get some pretty chilly weather for a very short period of time, but for the most part it's pretty warm to hot here year round. Have you ever looked into moving to Florida?
I've definitely thought about it but there aren't really any jobs in my field there and its too far from family and friends :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 AM

1,766 posts, read 1,880,026 times
You are correct about the job situation here in Florida and being too far from family and friends. When I first left where I'm from in NYC it was tough, but I tried moving back a few times and it just didn't feel right, so I'm still looking for a place called "Home". I was laid off in September, no real prospects, I'm looking to leave Florida as soon I figure out where to go...even if there were jobs aplenty I would leave, it's way too hot for way too long for my taste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
I've definitely thought about it but there aren't really any jobs in my field there and its too far from family and friends :/

Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 PM

496 posts, read 1,545,385 times
I'm orginally from Memphis but have absolutely no desire to live their again, I just go back to visit my family. I spent four years in Indiana and now I'm in Boston. I love Boston and I think it's an awesome city, but I'm tired of winter all together lol.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:18 PM

2,762 posts, read 4,345,786 times
Mostly love it, sometimes wonder what the heck I'm doing here. Both for the same reason: it's a crazy, crazy place.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 PM

5,703 posts, read 16,132,579 times
The only thing I like about where I live is my house, yard and some of the shopping around here. Other than that, this place has nothing for me. I would be more than happy to discover a niche but after 3 years it hasn't appeared yet. We can't leave for another 3 years. My problem is I can't move back to where I came from and nor do I want to. I don't want to stay here but haven't a clue on where to go next.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3218 View Post
I'm orginally from Memphis but have absolutely no desire to live their again, I just go back to visit my family. I spent four years in Indiana and now I'm in Boston. I love Boston and I think it's an awesome city, but I'm tired of winter all together lol.
It's good to hear someone loves the place they live...too bad you couldn't magically tone down wintertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Mostly love it, sometimes wonder what the heck I'm doing here. Both for the same reason: it's a crazy, crazy place.
Too funny!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
The only thing I like about where I live is my house, yard and some of the shopping around here. Other than that, this place has nothing for me. I would be more than happy to discover a niche but after 3 years it hasn't appeared yet. We can't leave for another 3 years. My problem is I can't move back to where I came from and nor do I want to. I don't want to stay here but haven't a clue on where to go next.
awww...We'll find the place when the time is right, our time will come!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
awww...We'll find the place when the time is right, our time will come!
I hope so! I wouldn't mind living someplace where the winters are not so bad.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3218 View Post
What did you think of indiana? That is where I am now. I just can't fit into the "culture" here.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 AM

4,114 posts, read 9,203,664 times
I like a lot about the SF Bay Area: Stanford, Berkeley (city and Cal), BART, the views of the SF Bay, the views of the Pacific, the drive along Skyline, Marin Headlands, Stinson Beach, HMB, Highway 280, taquerias, great sushi, the ability to fly nearly anywhere in the world, three major cites essentially in one, SF's architecture, the various well-kept suburbs with stories and character, and a low crime rate in most areas.

However, the people often tend to be surly, narcissistic, and even impolite. Not many people seem to smile here, and I live on the peninsula which is, IMO, comparatively friendlier and more laid back than SF proper. As a man with obviously a male perspective, the women here are okay to decent in looks but crappy in attitude. I've met few women here in their 20s that just didn't have some kind of chip on their shoulder.

To be honest, the Bay is good place to make a career move or start. But I can totally see myself in another part of CA (not L.A., unless it's for a "right" job offer) or the West over the next three years. As I say, the Bay would be a damn near perfect place to live...if not for the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues