Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like, love, hate, or could care less where you live? Want to stay or go?
Like it, but sometimes I daydream about other places... 69 31.80%
Love it, I'll never ever leave! 27 12.44%
Hate it, I can't wait to get out of here! 120 55.30%
Could care less any place works for me. 4 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times

Advertisements

Just curious how C-D'ers feel about their current locations...
If you like, love, hate or could care less where you live and are willing to tell us why...
If you were given all the support (i.e. finances, jobs, movers, a place to live, etc.) you needed to relocate where would you go?

Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,015 times
I really like where I live now. I've liked most other places as well... I think a lot of it is attitude. I do refuse to live anywhere they have actual Winter though.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
I am ready to leave now. Unfortunately, I do not have enough money saved yet. I hope to be out by Sept 2013.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 AM

656 posts, read 1,990,416 times
I am ready to leave Raleigh, NC ---- BUT as we've looked for other places nothing says "Yes, this is so much better".

The summer humidity is what sets me down this road of finding somewhere new...just wish I could find a way to "get through" summer and I think I might have a change of heart about living here. There are so many great things about this area...but summer is REALLY tough for me. As mentioned above, attitude does play a role...I just wish I could find a good attitude that embraced summer in NC.

I run my business from home and my husband works from his home office so we CAN LEAVE but just can't figure it out --- been looking for 3 years now!!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
I am ready to leave Raleigh, NC ---- BUT as we've looked for other places nothing says "Yes, this is so much better".

The summer humidity is what sets me down this road of finding somewhere new...just wish I could find a way to "get through" summer and I think I might have a change of heart about living here. There are so many great things about this area...but summer is REALLY tough for me. As mentioned above, attitude does play a role...I just wish I could find a good attitude that embraced summer in NC.

I run my business from home and my husband works from his home office so we CAN LEAVE but just can't figure it out --- been looking for 3 years now!!

We left the Raleigh area last summer and spent 2 months in Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and loved it. We forgot how nice summer can be...winters are another story.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 AM

656 posts, read 1,990,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We left the Raleigh area last summer and spent 2 months in Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and loved it. We forgot how nice summer can be...winters are another story.
Yes, winter is the trade off it seems with the places we have researched. As you well know, summers are long here. Something is wrong when swimming pools are too warm to swim in during the summer.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I like where I live, I like the neighborhood. I just don't like the type of people that are living here, they are mostly low class disgusting immigrants that are ruining my neighborhood that was once really really nice. Most are very transient thus not really making the neighborhood a home, but mearly a stop by.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,987 times
I hate winter. I want to live somewhere where it doesn't exist but I can't think of anywhere that would appeal to me in other aspects. I live in Virginia and I have to wear a jacket from September to about May. 4 months of being able to walk around outside? Ugh. I realize I am weird about temps lol...I keep my place at a very comfortable 78 degrees- 80 when I want to wear shorts and such around the house. I LOVE the summer heat you all are complaining about.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times
You might really like Florida! Winter doesn't "really" exist from some parts of Central to South Florida. North Florida can get some pretty chilly weather for a very short period of time, but for the most part it's pretty warm to hot here year round. Have you ever looked into moving to Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
I hate winter. I want to live somewhere where it doesn't exist but I can't think of anywhere that would appeal to me in other aspects. I live in Virginia and I have to wear a jacket from September to about May. 4 months of being able to walk around outside? Ugh. I realize I am weird about temps lol...I keep my place at a very comfortable 78 degrees- 80 when I want to wear shorts and such around the house. I LOVE the summer heat you all are complaining about.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:28 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
There was a time when my wife and I lived in 5 different states in about 7 or 8 years. We loved the adventure of moving around and changing our scenery.. now we have kids in school so were set for a while.. glad we like it here.. I am also glad we moved around some and checked out other places from Seattle to Florida.. Texas to Ohio... glad we did that.. If we didn't have kids, we probably would have never stopped.. glad we kids now too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues