U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:46 PM

161 posts, read 238,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
That would make sense but I don't see any ads in the forum (I'm not using an ad blocker) and I have never linked to sites that have forums and I have never linked to sites that have the same information. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I never even linked to them. I just mention them by name. One was an auction style shipping site, even. Unbelievable.

I see others post links all the time and nothing happens to those but I just mention the sites and they get deleted.
Ah, well I stand corrected on the ads. I have an ad blocker and just assumed there were ads here. As for the them deleting your posts I have no idea. Like someone mentioned here above contact the mods directly and ask. Good luck on figuring out why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,296,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPrincess View Post
Ah, well I stand corrected on the ads. I have an ad blocker and just assumed there were ads here.
No, no no. *I* stand corrected on the ads.
There are text google link thingies. Not graphical ads.
I never pay any attention to those.

IMO The forum is only of value if there are people to help and if help is restricted then people will go elsewhere anyway. I don't need to ask about that and I don't really care. It's their business. They can run it how they please. Nobody is standing here with a gun to my head making me post replies to people that come on here asking questions that the main site doesn't answer.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 AM

10,354 posts, read 14,211,191 times
Nice useful or fun sites -some are a bit dated but still a nice reference source

Great schools- because even if you don't have kids a good school district matters and NAEP State Mapping - NAEP and State Equivalent Percent Table

http://www.sunset.com/garden/climate-zones/- (broken link) used with wunderground (which is very handy) gives you a pretty comprehensive view of climates all over the country

AIRNow - Homepage -air quality and USA TODAY Special Report - toxins

May 2011 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates - compare wages

Cost of Living comparison calculator

The Tax Tale: 50-state comparison - JSOnline and The Tax Foundation - taxes

Statemaster has a lot of interesting miscellaneous information

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/06/weekinreview/20110306-happiness.html- (broken link) a bit of fluff, but interesting

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,296,784 times
Uh oh. Now you've gone and done it.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM

10,354 posts, read 14,211,191 times

I hope not, most of those are govt sites or special reports.
The only one that comes close I didn't link to, and hopefully if anyone sees a need to mod my post they'll only remove any info that violates TOS and not the whole post.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM

161 posts, read 238,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
Uh oh. Now you've gone and done it.

Thanks for the links DubbleT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues