Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 15,502 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Montana to Massachusetts. I need a mover that will ship my car plus some furniture. I have a toddler so driving my car there is not an option. I have contacted Allied and United. Mayflower isn't in Montana so I can't use them. I know there are others out there but this is so overwhelming that I am forgetting! I am reading a lot of posts that I should sell most of my stuff and move over as little as possible. Any other advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM

34,864 posts, read 30,954,560 times
I would sell the stuff and just drive. Unless you have something super expensive or sentimental that absolutely must be saved, I would craigslist it all off and buy cheap furniture once you get there. I tried to rent a 10 ft UHaul from Iowa to Tennessee and the cost on the truck plus its gas was more than the value of the furniture. You will be out several thousand dollars at a minimum going that far with professional movers.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM

521 posts, read 4,402,913 times
There are very few full service and do-it-yourself moving options in Montana because of the sparse population density. Any choice is you make is probably going to be more expensive than other interstate relocation products and services.

Suhr Transport is Mayflower agent with locations in both Billings and Great Falls. Hi Line Moving Services is a small independent household goods carrier based in Great Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues