Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:27 PM

5,016 posts, read 7,401,899 times

Advertisements

If you're working for a chain fast good restaurant.. why can't you transfer your job with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM

How much will your boyfriend be chipping in to help you with the move/relocation?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,161,208 times
Boyfriends are like the city bus. You miss one, another one will come along in 15 minutes. Get real.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,445,843 times
If you must move, I would highly suggest putting $1000 (might sound like a lot, but you never know) in a safe spot so that you wont spend it in case you do have to go back home and that will cover gas or an airplane ticket.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,787,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Boyfriends are like the city bus. You miss one, another one will come along in 15 minutes. Get real.
That's extremely arrogant. That's not true for everyone. That's not a good reason for her to stay with him, just sayin'.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,977,965 times
Raquel, don't do this. You won't have any support group if the romance goes sour.

Just.don't.do.this. At least not yet.

Get some education so you can support yourself. You are too young to be deciding such an important thing now.

Sorry to have to talk to you like a Dutch Uncle.

Whatever your decision, I want to wish you a good outcome.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,255,145 times
You and bf discussed this and decided you would be the one to move. You are making the move for both of you, right? Bf should be willing to make up whatever you lack. If he isn't willing to do that, your relationship isn't far enough along for this. And if you can't trust him to do it - again, your relationship isn't far enough along for this.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
You and bf discussed this and decided you would be the one to move. You are making the move for both of you, right? Bf should be willing to make up whatever you lack. If he isn't willing to do that, your relationship isn't far enough along for this. And if you can't trust him to do it - again, your relationship isn't far enough along for this.
Excellent advice

Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM

21 posts, read 60,724 times
I grew up in Pontiac, MI.. just a bit north of Detroit, and it was flat out the most depressing place in the world, besides Gary, In., I drove through there a few times, and wow.
Anyways be prepared for the life to be sucked out of you in that cesspool called Detroit. Sorry to people who think its great, but they most likely have money and live in a hip arts district, or in a nice suburb like Bloomfield Hills or something. If you guys are going to be working minimum wage and struggling to make ends meet, I almost assure you it will end up wearing you thin. Theres just not enough sunshine, nice people, happiness or hope up there to make up for scraping by!
Go drive around Detroit a few hours and tell me what you see, I spent lots of time during childhood in the ghettos with my mom while she was getting her fix, I have been left outside of drug houses at 7 years old and told to lock the doors, while watching the crackheads and homeless prowl the block! I know thats the very negative extreme of experiences, but I have seen the underbelly of the city.. When I got older I had a boyfriend who ran weed from Detroit to Flint, and I have seen all of that side of life too. Its a place where people just dont care anymore and that attitude is infectious.. Just be careful, and talk your boyfriend into moving to Austin, Phoenix, San Diego, or Tampa. At least its not cloudy, grey and cold 8 months out of the year

Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,818,075 times
Here one of my rules - never move for a guy, especially if he's just a bf, not a fiance or husband. I would get my education first, before anything else. That education will be with you the rest of your life and will improve your chances of success more than anything I see that you have posted. Put yourself and your education first, everything else goes on hold, including guys. Focus on your future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues