U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 PM

9,303 posts, read 5,503,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTAnnie View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Ok, I am in real estate marketing, I contact sellers for my company and advertise for buyers. I am very good at it and landing a job anywhere is not a problem. What I need to know is where can I move where there is no snow and not cold. I need ideas and experiences. I have not saved alot....But making money and getting a job is not a problem. I checked out Portland, Or, it looks like it is raining all the time there?
I'm going to recommend a place I'm hoping to be out of in another year---Dallas. My wife and I suffocate in the summer heat---and it's not near as bad here as in Houston!!

But for your kind of work, Dallas is becoming a hot market. Our landlord is a realtor and she told me about two weeks ago, that she is making offers on houses at full price and getting beat out when someone else comes in and offers one or two grand more. She said she is telling her clients to not hesitate if they see something they want because, at least in north Dallas/Plano/Richardson area the market has heated up.

We get snow here about once per year---more frequently there will be a gulley washer thunderstorm with some hail, or once in awhile an ice storm. But Dallas has the advantage of a lot of urban territory, no state income tax, and reasonable car registration. Sales tax is just over 8% on everything but groceries and prescription drugs.

The wife and I are hoping to move to Idaho when she joins me in retirement next year. We want four seasons, and don't mind cold weather if the humidity is dry--like Colorado (expensive) or Idaho (lower COL than TX, and that's hard to do).

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues