U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM

280 posts, read 1,100,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
I'm sorry, Sue that you are in the same situation. What part of NC are in? And where are you going to go?

We are going to try and stick it out here, it's just very scary because rent and car payment, etc is due today and we don't have either one. That's my biggest concern, I guess. I mean if we can't financially survive and our credit is ruined when we leave, then staying will have long lasting effects. We have decided that we are going to try though. I had a job interview today, not sure yet if I got it or not, but if I didn't, I'll try somewhere else. I really am very optimistic, and know that even with all of our issues we still have it ALOT better than a lot of people out there. I am most grateful that my family is with me. I know together somehow we'll make it. I've taken alot of ya'll words to heart and will look back on this when things seem bleak. One of you suggested cutting out anything that was not a necessity.LOL, we haven't had anything that's not a necessity since we've gotten here. That's why it's taking so long to reply, I go to the library to get online. It's fine though, out motto has become "one thing at a time". I also know that we will be closer as a family and stronger individuals when we leave here.LMAO and I am countuing down the days.

Thanks again everyone!!
Good luck with your job hunting Happee, you can do it! I'm glad you have your family that makes all the difference in the world. I moved to Raleigh, NC from Wappingers Falls, NY 2yrs ago (my family has been in NC for 14yrs). My family is also moving back up north with me, we are moving to RI, we almost moved there 15yrs ago. Im counting the days too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 05:34 PM

9,038 posts, read 14,296,829 times
How about just give it some TIME. You can't expect things to be going perfectly after just a few months in a brand new place.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:43 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,739,874 times
You know please fill us in, I was not being hard on you, and I do understand. We just moved fill time from NJ which was all action to the woods in NY State (way up state). I have adjusted but I found a job really quick and that did help but my husband mopes around alot and sometimes looks like a man with a country. Its hard but dont throw in the towel yet. Fill us in dear we really want to know and possibly can offer some help. Thanks Marilyn

Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM

538 posts, read 1,657,446 times
Good luck to you Happeemommee!

Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 PM

449 posts, read 1,476,360 times
We had a move like that. We had been thinking of moving but weren't sure of where when our landlord told us they were selling our rental, so 30 days. We knew we didn't want to stay where we were another year so we picked quickly and we picked wrong.
It's the only place we ever lived where everything under the sun went wrong from day one. We left and while we're doing better than that place, its not so wonderful here either. So even though I've never seen the point in staying where its clearly not working,
there are no guarantees - you may or may not do better. I still haven't found a place that is good for everyone in our family.
Give yourself some breathing time to think it through.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:12 AM

you said it well midwestern mom. Why move again if you have not found a place that is right.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,035,266 times
Talk to each of your creditors about your situation and active work at getting a job. They may cut you some slack. It is always better to talk to them upfront than just default. It shows them you aren't just a deadbeat and fully intend to pay your bills. Who knows, maybe you'll even get a job lead out of it.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:14 AM

55,579 posts, read 74,469,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
I'm not sure if this should be here on in the relationship section, but figured this was better.

I moved to Kentucky the middle of August so that I could attend the university here. I packed up my five kids, two grandkids and three dogs and made the trip. We are all so miserable it is insane. I did as much research online before coming about jobs, housing etc. I called and spoke with police departments and employment agencies, anyone and everyone I thought I could or should talk to. The problem is this place is awful. there are no jobs and what there are pay half as (literally half) much as they did where we were previously. ( DH was going to stay in NC and finish project until we got settled here and then find a job and then come, but his project ended without notice, so he came too)The people are not friendly, the schools are awful, I mean it's just bad. In just about any area you can think of it's just bad.

My question is, what do I do now? I have to finish atleast the semester here. (Which btw, the school is jerking me around too and not transferring in my credits the way I was promised.) I only have three semesters left to get my BA and I can't get that where we lived prior. So what do I do? Try and stick it out here or move the kids AGAIN? I have no money, the financial aid promised isn't coming through because some was based on credits that I'm not getting. It's just one thing after another. I'm trying to be optimistic, but am losing hope slowly but surely. We have no money, every tiny bit of savings is gone, rent is due soon, I don't have it. I'm now behind on car payment etc. I'm really beginning to freak out.

Sorry for the sobbing and whinning, but please help!
you asked for help. i could offer a strong shoulder but that would be temporary help. so lets do the tough love thing ok? if not disregard.
3 things
do you like nursing at all? for jr college ed its the biggest bang for the buck
60 to 90k.
your kids need to raise their own kids. stop pulling a cart that you did not load.
see a counselor see if you have any codependence issues. do whatever the counselor recommends.
life will get better i can tell you are trying hard. sometimes we gota get outside the box, guts alone does not always win the battle. sometimes i write a note like this to somebody in a lot of pain and i will get a lot of anger.
i am guna risk it.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:15 PM

hey Bunky get angry get action!!!! Good points.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 PM

206 posts, read 555,042 times
can always save up and move back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues