Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerd View Post
My husband and I have decided to move back to our hometown to be close to family and better cost of living.

My husband's job can be done remotely. I am job hunting for either a work from home job (preference for better pay) or job in town we will move to 2 hours away (large pay cut). Currently I am talking to 3 companies I've applied with.

The complication is figuring out what comes first - selling the house or me finding a different job. We would just barely scrap by on my husband's income alone while still owning our current house, so we would have to move once I quite my job.

Should we:
1. Put the house on the market now. If it sells before I find a job, I'll put my notice in at work, and we will move and rent or live with family until I find employment
2. Wait until I have a job secured and hope that the house sells before I have to start my new job, and try to coordinate buying our next house at same time.
I hope that I can help you out with information. Where are you moving to? I know that American Airline was looking for people to work from home.

As far as puting your home up for sell is a good thing to do, you can continue to look for work and try to move forward. Please let me know where you are moving to and I maybe able to help you out. Looking forward to helping you.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,625 times
I hope that I can help you out with information. Where are you moving to? I know that American Airline was looking for people to work from home.

As far as puting your home up for sell is a good thing to do, you can continue to look for work and try to move forward. Please let me know where you are moving to and I maybe able to help you out. Looking forward to helping you.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:28 PM

10,931 posts, read 11,675,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerd View Post
My husband and I have decided to move back to our hometown to be close to family and better cost of living.

My husband's job can be done remotely. I am job hunting for either a work from home job (preference for better pay) or job in town we will move to 2 hours away (large pay cut). Currently I am talking to 3 companies I've applied with.

The complication is figuring out what comes first - selling the house or me finding a different job. We would just barely scrap by on my husband's income alone while still owning our current house, so we would have to move once I quite my job.

Should we:
1. Put the house on the market now. If it sells before I find a job, I'll put my notice in at work, and we will move and rent or live with family until I find employment
2. Wait until I have a job secured and hope that the house sells before I have to start my new job, and try to coordinate buying our next house at same time.
No plan is bullet-proof, but put the house up for sale, ASAP, no matter what. Modify your plans as events unfold. Don't abandon a plan on expectations, alone. Wait for stuff to happen that requires you to modify your plans. Innovate, be brave and confident.

I have faced the same situation you do a number of times, and things always worked out if we helped them along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues