Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,382,398 times

Advertisements

OP what's your budget?

I am in the SF Bay Area, but need to move somewhere cheaper soon. I'm afraid my boss will sell the building I live in and manage, and I get a free apt now. I can't afford to stay in the SF Bay Area if I lose my free apt. I'm on SSI.

So, I'm looking at moving to Redding, CA. It's really hot there in summer, but not humid. And the rents are cheap. Maybe you could stay in CA? Redding gets a bad rap, and there's no doubt a reason it's cheap. But, there are a lot of things nice about it, too, and people do raise their families there. Anyway, it's a thought.

The healthcare is good in Redding, and the Section 8 waiting lists are open in both Redding and Shasta County right now, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 01:39 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,808,693 times
Thank you again for your support and suggestions. My mom would never move. She was bribed so to speak by a family member that if she moved she would get a huge home purchased for her in a country club and she won't. I mean if it would make my health better she would but of course that is not the case. She will be able to visit though a lot and me there like we could do monthly trips even so I know I sound like a baby but it is jut hard with my condition. I would like to be able to just pop over. It is draining to moving again etc. I am reserved in general so it takes me time to meet people and find my way.
On the note of expense I think I should clarify I am not poor which I am thankful for but that being said I have to be careful because I am 34 and I dont know what direction my condition will take and I need to have savings where if I can't work I can still live a normal lifestyle. I also am planning on having medical treatment not covered by insurance which is a large amount yearly. CA is just overall too expensive for the areas I would like to live in. I know there are some cheaper but they are very hot and though dry like I said 100-110 is still hot or they are in a bad area.
Right now I am just trying to commit for 6 months to get some treatment and have some where to call home. I have to try to retrain my mind to find what is best in the situation and not perfect. I have looked at every state climate and it is hard to find other then San Diego or Hawaii wich is $$ what I am looking for. It is one thing if you can handle cold or heat but when both is an issue it is a battle.
Thank you again and I will update everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues