U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 05:26 PM

8,754 posts, read 4,025,691 times

Advertisements

I'm considering doing this next year. Whoever mentioned using pillowcases instead of boxes: great idea!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 11:36 PM

5,388 posts, read 5,829,922 times
Kind of. I mean we are sending the rest of the house into storage and just bringing what fits into our two cars for a few months in an apartment while the rest of the house remains in storage until the new house completes lol. So itís kind of similar

Old 05-11-2019, 12:50 AM

199 posts, read 485,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
I really wish I had the gall to do this but with being poor and money being tight when I last moved I rented a U-Haul. I guess it was a personal preference as well. If you can afford to do it I guess it would be worth it. When I moved out of my parents house I pretty much packed what I owned in my truck and took it, didn't have much this this was able to work. I have since acquired a bed and a couch that I really love and don't want to part with, I know someday I will have to part with it. If I have to move again I do wonder if I could get a packing expert to help me with my stuff and truck to get it all in there and not hassle with a U-Haul.

Charlie.
I moved much the same way. A Uhaul and a pickup but I couldn't put much of anything in the truck because on the way I had to go to a funeral in Canada and it's the pits to have a loaded truck if I'm the one they pick to search.
I've moved many, many times it has always impressed me most what it costs. Most on here seem to rolling in wealth. I had to have health insurance, ended up on Cobra (very expensive), had credit card payments, truck payments and other stuff. Had a place to stay but ended with temp job that doesn't pay much until I found an apartment maintenance job. Where I came from I had a double wide trail that I paid off at noon and at 3p got lay off notice didn't have much money to move but got lucky and won 800$ last 2 days in row before I moved (concluded guy upstairs likes me for some reason) Only put 20$ in machines.
. Anyway I arrived with 6000$ and barely lasted until I started real job. 2000$ a month just vanished.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:39 PM

63 posts, read 20,395 times
You also can get large heavy duty garbage bags for your clothes and vacuum out the air to make the bag smaller.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:14 AM

351 posts, read 155,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubconsciousMe View Post
I fit a lot of stuff inside shoes. Like gadgets, cords, kitchen supplies...
One of the best tips I have ever read! And also acts as shoe trees, helping the shoes keep their shape.

Last edited by Saskia Calico; 05-19-2019 at 10:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues