Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 PM

355 posts, read 2,398,975 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Denver (about an hour away) on the 29th & have heard some good things about E-move.com. I'm planning on renting a U-Haul & just need 1 other person to help me load from my current apt & unload to my new one (3rd floor I have read a lot of the reviews on the website on the local movers here & all seem to be good. I also know to check the BBB (but what if a company is not listed? Run away?)

I only have a 1-bedroom apt to move & not too much furniture. I'm trying not to spend too much $ since I will be paying someone by the hour.

Has anyone used this process & if so, how does it work? Do you just pay per hour or are there additional fees? The 'flat rate travel fee'--is that the fee for the actual driving from/to new location? Is that in ADDITION to the hourly rate they're charging (since my drive will be about an hour, do I pay say the $20 flat fee PLUS the $30/hr for the hourly rate?)

Just need to get some info since I'm planning on making my reservation soon, well in advance so I have no problems on moving day. I've never had anyone help me move before (stubborn, stupid me) but I now have too much stuff & it's physically impossible to do it myself.

Any advice is appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 07:02 AM

27,260 posts, read 27,321,853 times
I would recommend hiring someone to help you when you live on a 2nd or 3rd floor, or above. A lot of times you can find people locally who simply are looking for a few extra bucks and would be glad to help you.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 AM

72,343 posts, read 18,162,882 times
I used a company called Hungry Students a long time ago,price was low. Maybe you have something like that your way.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:01 AM

355 posts, read 2,398,975 times
Thanks for the tips guys, but has anyone actually used E-move.com?

Couldn't find a Hungry Students in my local area. I really want to just find someone that's reputable that works for a company that has good BBB ratings.

Anyone else??

Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,224 times
Thumbs up Yess they are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving-to-AZ View Post
I'm moving to Denver (about an hour away) on the 29th & have heard some good things about E-move.com. I'm planning on renting a U-Haul & just need 1 other person to help me load from my current apt & unload to my new one (3rd floor I have read a lot of the reviews on the website on the local movers here & all seem to be good. I also know to check the BBB (but what if a company is not listed? Run away?)

I only have a 1-bedroom apt to move & not too much furniture. I'm trying not to spend too much $ since I will be paying someone by the hour.

Has anyone used this process & if so, how does it work? Do you just pay per hour or are there additional fees? The 'flat rate travel fee'--is that the fee for the actual driving from/to new location? Is that in ADDITION to the hourly rate they're charging (since my drive will be about an hour, do I pay say the $20 flat fee PLUS the $30/hr for the hourly rate?)

Just need to get some info since I'm planning on making my reservation soon, well in advance so I have no problems on moving day. I've never had anyone help me move before (stubborn, stupid me) but I now have too much stuff & it's physically impossible to do it myself.

Any advice is appreciated!!!

k:
HI , I JUST MOVED TO SAN DIEGO AND I USED E~MOVE . WOW THEY KICK BUT, I USED TO GUYS FROM SAN DIEGO NAMED SETH AND QUENTIN THEY GONE THE JOB DONE IN NO TIME , THE SHOWED UP ON TIME AND ALL OF MY BELONGINGS UNPACKED WITHOUT A SCRATCH . THEY EVEN MOVED MY PIANO WITHOUT A BLINK. I HAVE A NUMBER FOR THEM ITS 619-980-0439 I MYSELF IF EVER MOVING AGAIN WILL POSITIVLEY USE THE MEN AGAIN AND AGAIN .

Old 10-27-2008, 12:06 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,769,363 times
I used e-move to help load and unload 2 weeks ago in Vegas. No issues at all I too would use them again.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,914,962 times
We used emove for unloading help when we moved here from Albuquerque. There was no travel fee, but we paid an hourly rate, then tipped them each $20 - the tip was not neccessary, but I wanted to do it. They were great - brought me flowers and doughnuts when they came... we had cold water bottles ready for them.

A tip - stay on them! We had 3 guys and figured 2 hours with my dh helping. After the first hour, I got back from the store and almost nothing was unloaded from the truck. They decided to be helpful and set up my entertainment center, unpack the kid's boxes in the playroom and set up the beds. I explained (nicely) that I just wanted them to unload, watched over them carefully after that and it all went much faster.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 AM

482 posts, read 2,413,171 times
We live in Orlando, Fl area and used them, got 2 experienced movers who loaded our truck, they did a great job, I'd do this again without hesitation.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:35 PM

313 posts, read 725,704 times
i have moved multiple time and used E-move multiple times. It is not just one company, they link you up with possible companies, then you choose one. I have had really good luck with them, but I also picked people with high feedback!

Old 11-01-2008, 03:45 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,278,443 times
Yes. Be mindful of the ratings/feedback comments and you should have few, if any, problems.

I've used the service several times. As said above, they link you up to different companies. They have been excellent!

*and be sure to tip the guys who do the work, they usually are very deserving of a decent tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues