U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:32 AM

9,038 posts, read 9,461,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmom87 View Post
The space bags are great. I have used the same three for a a few years now, switching summer and winter wardrobes. I highly recommend them. I suggest putting a few dryer sheets in just for freshness.

My move is over for the most part. Old house is empty (except for the garage). Now we have to go back and clean, repaint, carpet bedrooms and all the other fun stuff to get it ready for rent.

Unpacking is also not fun, kitchen and bathroom are done. Bedroom is getting there. Just doing major rooms while waiting for a furniture delivery and enough to get me to work everyday. I'm not sure where to put anything, as everything had a place in last house (lived there 15 years). It is an adjustment, but everything will work out. Dogs are not real happy, but they are coming around.
Great idea on the dryer sheets! I will do that for sure.

I wasn't sure which box of space bags to buy, so I just went for the big pack ($40 at bed bath and beyond, plus 20% coupon). Included are 2 travel ones that I think will be great for vacations. Why didn't I buy them before!?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM

Just scheduled my utilities in my new place. My current energy company sent me a letter of credit, so hopefully that helps keep the deposit down. This is my first experience in requiring a utility deposit! I have had utlities in my name for nearly 20 years at a couple of different companies and never had to do that before.

Because the stuff I am moving is so little, I have not done any major packing yet. I am confident I can do it in a day.

I leave in 9 days!

Old 11-14-2013, 09:17 AM

Went through a couple of totes of pictures. Man, I took pictures of EVERYTHING (still do) and when I would get them developed I would ALWAYS get doubles...they were free so why not? So I sorted out probably 7 hundred zillion prints, tossing all of the envelopes into the recycling bin.

I also packed a couple of boxes

Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 AM

18,853 posts, read 31,632,571 times
I see the kitties are helping. Jasper is already at our new place. My daughter is staying there, and felt too alone, so, Jasper is now situated in his new home.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 AM

Right after that picture was taken, the orange cat booped the dog on the head.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 PM

I have decided to get rid of all old appliances, I bought a new small white microwave today, toaster oven, coffee maker, and two 32" flat screen TVs

Put away things in the new house, worked for a few hours, now back home, contemplating the work for the weekend.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 AM

228 posts, read 591,489 times
Mom is up helping for 10 days to start getting things into boxes and prep for the first moving sale. Doing a dump/Goodwill run here shortly and then they will start boxing books. Our place has been rented and we are just dialing in on our timing/flights now.

Work has been absolutely crazy too this week, so I get home and am too tired to do anything/just can't make any more decisions. We are in that limbo period of a bit too far out to really pack and sell things and a bit too close in to not do anything. I wish lighting a match was an option!

Old 11-17-2013, 12:37 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,916,566 times
2 Goodwill runs today.
Cleaned garage and what didn't go to friends or Goodwill is going to the local dump on Wednesday; along with a mattress/box springs and bed frame.
Removed all non perishables from pantry and packed.
Took down all pictures and bubble wrapped.
Put all extra comforters/blankets in large bag that zips.

......tired!!

Old 11-17-2013, 04:52 AM

I am at T-14, for the movers! Freaking out now. Was planning on going thru things from storage at the new place, now the goal is just get it put away for now. Today, have to seriously work on putting storage stuff away, and make runs with my stuff to new place. Next weekend is it. This week, I better work every day after work.

This moving is hard. I am not moving for a long while.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:41 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,192,279 times
My son is living my the old place but we still have a storage room and a few furniture pieces we need to transfer to new place. After the holidays we really need to finish the move but I am moving my upright freezer this weekend for the turkeys and hams we are buying for the holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues