U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 11:59 AM

3,927 posts, read 4,780,796 times

Advertisements

Pretendingtowork: Watch the tub refinishing if you are using a kit. Absolutely must follow the directions, and new finish may not set up right. We have done this before.

Painting today. And tomorrow...and the next day. New tile to go down into the kitchen first part of next week. If we had put down tile instead of "water-resistant" laminate, wouldn't having to do it over. Oh, well.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:34 PM

231 posts, read 294,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Pretendingtowork: Watch the tub refinishing if you are using a kit. Absolutely must follow the directions, and new finish may not set up right. We have done this before.

Painting today. And tomorrow...and the next day. New tile to go down into the kitchen first part of next week. If we had put down tile instead of "water-resistant" laminate, wouldn't having to do it over. Oh, well.

Thanks! I figure I will try and save a buck. If it doesn't work, I am going to pick up a tub liner and install it. My wife asked me why I don't just do the liner to begin with. But me being boneheaded, I like to do...well, try and do things myself, then learn from my mistakes.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:33 PM

4,509 posts, read 3,914,694 times
Today I got the kids room and bath finished. Tomorrow I think I can have all the in-house clutter boxed or tossed.

Going to talk to Realtors on Monday.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:13 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,304,137 times
Working hard, you go y'all!

Put up some more stuff on the bay, sold some over the weekend.

Week before last I cleaned out the living room, now it doesn't look like the UPS store with boxes all over.

sunday my BFF is driving out to my aunt's who passed away to pick up a car full of stuff I have to ship to Mom. If I can get the title transferred then I will sell the old Benz and keep the newer car for the new place.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:18 AM

231 posts, read 294,011 times
Finished the tub over the weekend, looks great so far. Did some touch up painting on the house and cleaned, then cleaned some more.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:16 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,304,137 times
Made arrangements on Friday to have the lawn tractor and push mower moved from NY to FL. The Mayflower company (Clark's of Rochester) was wonderful.

Pods=2300.00 Mayflower with 6K insurance and door to door service=1150.00

I will have to wait to get there and see if it starts, then examine if there is a release on the transmission that needs to be activated if they have to push it onto the trailer; some models will break if the release is not activated.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:51 PM

878 posts, read 860,533 times
Had my garage sale on Saturday (financially rewarding but SUPER aggravating), donated most of the leftover items to a local program (LOVE that they'll use the items instead of reselling them) and gathering items to send to my friend, an eBay trading assistant (she takes a cut but it's SO worth it not to deal with the hassle). Sold a few larger items (stroller, wagon) on a local moms group.

Found helpers for the move (loading/unloading): U-Haul: Moving Help moving labor service (haven't yet booked but got the prices and they're remarkably inexpensive) and decided to also get some full service moving quotes to ensure that I've ordered a large enough trailer from Upack for our move.

T minus 39 days until we go on a house hunting trip, so I need to have the house completely ready to list by then. Our move will likely be 30-60 days after the househunting trip-- so much to do but it'll get done!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM

4,509 posts, read 3,914,694 times
Elly,

I would love to know more about the ebay person. I have some things I would love to sell but doubt I have the time.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:22 PM

878 posts, read 860,533 times
@Kab0906: She mostly deals with kids' brand name clothing and women's handbags)-- she's based in CA (I'm in FL), once a year I ship her out a parcel of items and she then sells them and sends me my cut via PayPal, it's a beautiful thing. If you have similar items to sell, let me know via DM and I'll be happy to share her contact info

If you have different items, she might not be able to help, but I'm certain that there are people local-ish to you that can. Unfortunately, eBay no longer has their Trading Assistant program (it used to allow you to search by zip code) but if you google your metro area and the words eBay trading assistant you'll likely be able to find someone that was on that original list from eBay

Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 PM

3,927 posts, read 4,780,796 times
kab0906, check around on Craigslist and you should find someone in your area that does it.

Today was finishing some of the painting. Cleaned out a lot of stuff going both to the garage sale storage and to the "take" storage. However, the HUD1 is wrong on the home we are purchasing and the seller has not approved the HUD1 either, so may put off closing a day. UGH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues