Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 06:43 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,284,946 times

Advertisements

We moved in on Saturday, I cleaned the old place Sunday and Monday after work for the closing, went shopping last night after work for groceries, cat litter, cat food...fixed dinner, came home from work tonight, SO wants to know when I am going to get the boxes done!?!

He is lucky to have a place to sleep tonight.

I did put Jasper's new cat condo together, and hooked up the computer.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:31 PM

7,233 posts, read 7,028,843 times
Tell him they'll get done when he does them.

Sheesh!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM

296 posts, read 1,246,168 times
I've done NOTHING all day! Ahhh! Actually, I got my lash extensions re-done and put some shelving back up that I took out when I moved in, but that doesn't really help me as far as packing. :P Tonight I'm emptying and washing out the cat's litter box (it's a "Hidden Litter Box".. basically a giant litter box disguised as a potted plant, complete with a fake fern growing out the top of it) and I don't want to have to dismantle it later. So I'm gonna take it apart, clean it out, pack it, and I have a disposable tray for kitty to use in the mean time. That way on moving day I can just toss out the disposable tray and bring a fresh one with me. I'm gonna pack the bathroom tonight too and finish up the kitchen. I'm not looking forward to the bathroom and I keep putting it off because there's just SO. much. stuff. I want to at least get all that done tonight so I can vacuum tomorrow and start labeling/sealing boxes. For some reason though, I have more energy to pack at night!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,731,112 times
WTG Tara! Where on earth did you find that litter box? Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless? (kidding)

Jasper, since you're the only one doing most of the work I suggest extra practice of the snarky you are useless facial expressions used for SO's. Sheesh is right!

Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 AM

7,233 posts, read 7,028,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
WTG Tara! Where on earth did you find that litter box? Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless? (kidding)
^^^ This.

I hate the litter box. Would love to 'hide' it.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:27 AM

3,259 posts, read 4,981,588 times
Moving date has been pushed back to early Feb., so I've still got lots of time (famous last words). What I'm working on now mostly has to do with getting the house ready to put on the market in early Jan., but I figure that tangentially it goes toward the moving project too.

Today a guy is coming to give me an estimate on replacing the carpet in the master bedroom. Tomorrow a handyman is coming to do a bunch of small but necessary repairs. On Monday a guy is coming to give me an estimate on repainting the interior of the house. On Tuesday, Children's Lighthouse is coming to pick up some furniture I'm donating. On the 16th a guy is coming to clean the 2nd and 3rd bedroom carpets plus the grout in all tiled areas.

I've taken four van-loads of stuff to Goodwill, and I've donated several of my husband's unused handicapped-related pieces of equipment (including a power wheelchair that he never could figure out how to use without crashing into walls and furniture) to an organization that lends those things to people who can't afford to buy them.

I've reorganized the garage and put all the empty boxes together in one area and put the few boxes I've packed so far in another area. I plan to have the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms emptied and packed by the time the guy comes to clean the carpets in those rooms.

Oh, and I'm doing online research to find a doctor in the new area. My current dentist says she'll try to find someone to recommend for me in my new zip code.

Wow, now that I've written this all down, it looks more impressive than I thought it was.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Holy cow, Wellshonemoon, I am exhausted by just reading your post!

Ir sounds like you've coordinated the handy men seamlessly, very impressive.

DH is contributing, too; he is dismantling a yard tractor to sell for parts and thin out his collection. We had around twenty of them at one point. He can only stand on the concrete floor up in the shop for a few hours due to his bad hip, so it's slow going.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:16 PM

296 posts, read 1,246,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
^^^ This.

I hate the litter box. Would love to 'hide' it.
Haha!! I randomly found it on Amazon (July 4th weekend sale) for about $60 including shipping. You can find them on a ton of different sites and they have other kinds disguised as wicker benches too. Pricy and kind of big, but SO worth not having to look at a litter box every day. I get to enjoy a beautiful faux potted plant instead

And now I get to go finish packing up the kitchen
Attached Thumbnails
Moving count down...what did you do today?-litter.jpg  

Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM

I have often wondered what wealthy people have for litter boxes. Like a little Taj Mahal?

Old 12-06-2013, 07:01 AM

362 posts, read 644,392 times
Well, we pretty much have a closing date of first week in Feb. So overwhelmed. Had a complete melt down and was crying all day on Tuesday. It was so bad I called my doctor and she gave me some xanax.

I'm not crying because I regret this sale or will miss this home. It's just so overwhelming to me. I've sold so much through ebay and craigslist. Had a huge garage sale and sold $2500 worth of stuff and every week I am donating to the local churches and thrift stores. But yet there is soooooooo much stuff.

I am so stressed about the move. We are traveling down (me and hub) in our car with my two pugs who don't travel well. Haven't found a place to rent yet that is furnished in decent area. That is stressing me bad. Then my husband is going to take a flight back to drive down with my youngest and possible have my older one follow. I will be alone in a state far from anyone. I hate to say it but I'm scared. My eyes are watering as I type this.

I started to pack some things but I look all around me and even though we got rid of so much, I see tons of stuff. I have a business that occupies 2 whole rooms. That in itself is freaking me out.

I just wish I wasn't so weepy and my heart wasn't racing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues