Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,486,475 times

Advertisements

All of the truck rental companies are pretty good about telling you about issues like road service and fueling, but I thought I'd add a few more tips:

- Fueling at truck stops: Many of the truck stops and travel plazas have diesel fuel in the front with the gas pumps. But if you find yourself fueling with the big rigs, don't worry. Since big trucks have fuel tanks on both sides of the truck, you'll find pumps on both sides of the island you pull into. As for payment, you can pick up the phone next to the pump and give the cashier you credit card info & license plate number. (Some places may want you to bring your card and the info to the fuel desk). Now, on to fueling: The pump on the left side is the "Master" pump. The one on the right side is the "aux" or "slave" pump. It won't work unless the "Master" pump is on. So if your fuel tank is on the right side of the truck, you'll have to take the fuel nozzle out of the "Master" side and put it on the ground while you fill your tank from the "aux" side. Remember to replace the "Master" nozzle to complete your fueling transaction. After fueling, please pull your truck forward far enough so that other trucks may start fueling behind you.

- Don't worry if you don't see a spare tire or jack with your rental truck (especially on the larger trucks) If you have a tire problem, the service truck will bring out a mounted tire as well as the tools to change it.

- As a general rule, you must obey road signs that apply to trucks (lane restrictions, overhead clearances and so forth) As for truck weigh stations, I'd go ahead and drive in. They'll most likely just wave you on through.

Hope this tips help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 05:51 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,725,575 times
Hey Crew Chief, I know you from the Indy Star boards, don't I?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
tcb

198 posts, read 678,767 times
that's very useful, I always wondered about the weigh station thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues