Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,201,329 times

Advertisements

It is chilly here today, 22 degrees. I am fine with it, prefer that to 122 f, any day.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:32 PM

175 posts, read 254,919 times
I never thought of snow as being "stressful" but who's to say it isn't for some people? I suppose 12 inches or more could be stressful for those in the snow plowing business. For me, it's a good excuse to not go to work on such a day. No stress there This latest snow storm was much ado about nothing. It was typical but nothing extraordinary. I ventured out, coat on but unzipped because it was +30F and that's NOT cold after a snowfall. There's a limit to how many layers of clothing you actually need if you're just running errands.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:48 PM

9,478 posts, read 12,214,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR4929 View Post
I never thought of snow as being "stressful" but who's to say it isn't for some people? I suppose 12 inches or more could be stressful for those in the snow plowing business. For me, it's a good excuse to not go to work on such a day. No stress there This latest snow storm was much ado about nothing. It was typical but nothing extraordinary. I ventured out, coat on but unzipped because it was +30F and that's NOT cold after a snowfall. There's a limit to how many layers of clothing you actually need if you're just running errands.
Snow in the forecast a week away would literally RUIN my entire week. I am not kidding. Even a dusting stressed me out, I just hated it THAT much.

I also did all the shoveling at my house, sidewalks and LONG driveway. (my ex was useless) AND my 2 chihuahuas hated it. Anything over a couple of inches required me to go out in my pajamas and shovel a potty path so they could do their business. Driving in it is stressful, my job NEVER closed due to weather, so if I stayed home I didn't get paid.

So, yes. Stressful. And I am glad to be DONE with it.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 PM

175 posts, read 254,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Snow in the forecast a week away would literally RUIN my entire week. I am not kidding. Even a dusting stressed me out, I just hated it THAT much.

I also did all the shoveling at my house, sidewalks and LONG driveway. (my ex was useless) AND my 2 chihuahuas hated it. Anything over a couple of inches required me to go out in my pajamas and shovel a potty path so they could do their business. Driving in it is stressful, my job NEVER closed due to weather, so if I stayed home I didn't get paid.

So, yes. Stressful. And I am glad to be DONE with it.
It sounds like more than just snow was bothering you. Anyway, I'm not surprised your chihuahuas hated it. Don't you think they'd rather be in Chihuahau? LOL.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM

9,478 posts, read 12,214,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR4929 View Post
It sounds like more than just snow was bothering you. Anyway, I'm not surprised your chihuahuas hated it. Don't you think they'd rather be in Chihuahau? LOL.
Not sure what that is supposed to mean, (kinda rude, really) but no. Snow and cold really do make me miserable. They make me THAT miserable. Some people are really effected by the weather THAT MUCH. I never liked it, even as a small child. Just the way it is.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:21 PM

415 posts, read 2,328,077 times
Weather is a great reason to move or in some cases not move. There is no way O would move to an area that had temps in the negatives, or a place the received so much snow you have to own your own snow plow just to get to work. Love the South, the warmth, the sunshine the ability to play golf in December, January, and February

Old 12-23-2013, 02:38 PM

660 posts, read 935,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Why did you move to Arizona?

I was 13 when I first moved to AZ. My parents moved here because a branch at my mother's company opened up in Mesa. We didn't move to Mesa but moved to Glendale so we could be in the same city and a few minutes drive from my aunt, uncle and cousins who has been in Arizona for 6 years already at that time.

I'll admit, AZ is loads better than NYC, but once in awhile I'll get homesick and as much as I hated NYC, I loved Upstate NY. I would go to Upstate nearly every weekend growing up (because we have family up there too), and the 4 seasons, mountains, away from the hustle and bustle of the city... it was magic.

My ideal place are the suburbs or small towns. Glendale used to be small until it exploded in population the past 14 years and it lost most of its charm (imo), plus AZ politics sucks as well. I would move if I could, but no money as of yet. If things go as planned I'll move to Texas with my husband temporarily before settling down somewhere else....anywhere besides AZ xD

Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,522,401 times
I think weather is a perfectly valid reason to move (or not move), and even if it's your main reason I think that's fine too. I personally hate the heat of inland California and heat in general, which is a major reason why I love it here on the north coast so much. The gorgeous scenery is just icing on the cake for me

Old 12-23-2013, 05:24 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,718,265 times
After 66 years, I moved from my MN dairy farm to a milder 4 season climate in the Ozarks of northern Arkansas.

Today we are both colder than normal, but the 37 degrees right now here feels a lot better than the -10 back on my son's MN dairy farm that I sold to him.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:01 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,443,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
I was 13 when I first moved to AZ. My parents moved here because a branch at my mother's company opened up in Mesa. We didn't move to Mesa but moved to Glendale so we could be in the same city and a few minutes drive from my aunt, uncle and cousins who has been in Arizona for 6 years already at that time.

I'll admit, AZ is loads better than NYC, but once in awhile I'll get homesick and as much as I hated NYC, I loved Upstate NY. I would go to Upstate nearly every weekend growing up (because we have family up there too), and the 4 seasons, mountains, away from the hustle and bustle of the city... it was magic.

My ideal place are the suburbs or small towns. Glendale used to be small until it exploded in population the past 14 years and it lost most of its charm (imo), plus AZ politics sucks as well. I would move if I could, but no money as of yet. If things go as planned I'll move to Texas with my husband temporarily before settling down somewhere else....anywhere besides AZ xD
Where in Upstate, NY did you like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues