Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
How many will feel weather is a great reason after the deep freeze hits up north??
What do you mean after. It has already hit here. Low of -2.7 F (-19.3 C) in Central NJ today morning. That's enough. I cant take another deep freeze, but its gonna happen with subzero lows once again .

Lets Cut a deal here lady. Give me 15 F of warmth and I will give you 15 F of cold. That way, both of us can be satisfied .

Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
What do you mean after. It has already hit here. Low of -2.7 F (-19.3 C) in Central NJ today morning. That's enough. I cant take another deep freeze, but its gonna happen with subzero lows once again .

Lets Cut a deal here lady. Give me 15 F of warmth and I will give you 15 F of cold. That way, both of us can be satisfied .
It doesn't hit my old hometown until Monday, highs of -14 and wind chills of -50 (F).

I picked the right winter to get out!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
It doesn't hit my old hometown until Monday, highs of -14 and wind chills of -50 (F).

I picked the right winter to get out!
The only place for warmth is my 57 F home, and I am all bundled up. When will this frigid killer end and refreshing cold come back. My water heater died out and I had to take a cold shower in 45 F water today. A physical torture .

Old 01-06-2014, 11:40 AM

175 posts, read 257,068 times
Quote:
How many will feel weather is a great reason after the deep freeze hits up north??
Nope still don't want to move. Today it is -11F but the sun is out and the snow is pretty. People are out running errands and ignoring the advice of the namby pamby experts to stay in. The Green Bay Packer game went without a hitch and even though they lost I wish I could have went to the game. This weather is only for the strong and hearty!

Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 AM

175 posts, read 257,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
A treeless broiling desert and a pair of yapping chihuahuas inside an AC'ed mexican-style house sounds like a taste of hell to me.

Gimme a snowy boreal forest and husky sled dogs instead lol

To each his own
Lol. I agree. Phoenix is a drab looking place. Everything is an ugly brown and the foliage is ugly. All those rocks and thorny looking bushes cut at my soul. I need greenery. The palm trees don't help.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR4929 View Post
Lol. I agree. Phoenix is a drab looking place. Everything is an ugly brown and the foliage is ugly. All those rocks and thorny looking bushes cut at my soul. I need greenery. The palm trees don't help.
I don't understand this. I have yet to see ugly brown.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
I have a good working heater, a new freezer to fill with food, and nowhere I have to go. I'm all nice and bundled up too, but hopefully as I continue to plug air leaks the room will not get as cold. But I view winter as a nice respite from it being hot. I find I take cold okay so long as I have on enough layers and can stay home. Heat is managable by the help of a few ac units.

I still moved here for other things than weather and if I could have wonderful weather but had to put up with what I moved for (largely just too many people and too much noise and smog) I'd still put up with winter.

If it was Minnesota I might think, but here even if it doesn't seem as cold to the far northerners, if its not usual its still pretty cold. It got down to one degree overnight last night, minus six with the windchill. That's cold to me but my heater works great.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
I don't understand this. I have yet to see ugly brown.
I agree ElleTea. We were there in November and just loved it. So clean and clear. I tell everyone I'm moving. It doesn't get drastically cold here in s. Texas, but the humidity is horrible. And I don't really care for trees or grass. Just add to the allergy misery.

I've been in Arizona during the summers, so I know what is like then also.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:42 AM

414 posts, read 1,019,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I agree ElleTea. We were there in November and just loved it. So clean and clear. I tell everyone I'm moving. It doesn't get drastically cold here in s. Texas, but the humidity is horrible. And I don't really care for trees or grass. Just add to the allergy misery.

I've been in Arizona during the summers, so I know what is like then also.
Mmm I love the colors of the desert southwest. Rocks ranging from grey to beige to deep red, and perfectly blue skies. Plus, nothing beats cactus flowers in the spring.

The green is nice in the midwest. Problem is, it only lasts for 4 months and then you're back to the brown and white monotony of late fall, winter, and early spring.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:42 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,251 times
I'm one of the people that considers weather to be one of the top reasons for moving. However, I'm pretty much the opposite of most people in that I want COLD weather, not hot. I've lived in central Alabama most of my life and I'm completely miserable from March until late October because the heat and humidity is just awful.

I've been looking to get out of here for years, but I was never sure exactly where. After years of thought and research, I've settled on New Hampshire. I love New England - it's definitely cold and completely different from the south. Two things that are A-ok in my book!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues