Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times

Advertisements

Possibly Sarasota, FL? It's a little below Tampa. I know you mentioned you don't want the temp to go below 50 at night but what about oppressive heat? Is that a concern? In central FL, 6 months of the year, the weather is nice but the other 6 are very humid and hot. Some people don't mind that. When we lived there, it did not bother me that much. My husband hated it, hence the reason we are now living in SC. We are originally from PA and it's going from one extreme to the other. I hear you on the freezing cold weather up north. I hate cold! Depending on where you are in GA or SC, it will give you seasons and a better climate. Yes, it may get colder in the winter for a couple months, but nothing like Ohio, but the summer heat won't last as long as FL. Being in SC, we get cold days but it is definitely broken up with 60 degree and sunny days. It's Jan and February that are the colder months. As I said, I hate cold, but it's very tolerable to me. The rest of the year is nice. Just a thought.

That being said, I really enjoyed FL while we lived there for 13 years. You may also want to check out New Smyrna Beach or maybe Melbourne. If you live on the coast, you get the sea breeze. Your price range for a house in FL, maybe a bit of a challenge but it can be done. South FL will be ridiculously expensive.

Like someone else said, pick a city or two in each state and do some research on it. Once you narrow it down, try to visit the top pics. You can make your decision then

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 03:57 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
I imagined the OP is already moved by now since most of the posts are in 2014 ....

Old 01-19-2015, 04:47 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
Central Florida is OK and the new Tampa area but way too much traffic. Housing when I moved here 115.000 then the down but homes help in parts steady.

why only the early bird who came and got new homes and the right place made it. Anyway. some people did pay 200,000 plus but the price now is going on sale 160,000 to 170,000

Wesley Chapel has the new homes and is great for a family or single

Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I imagined the OP is already moved by now since most of the posts are in 2014 ....
That's true. I wish when people come here for advice, they come back with and update.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:38 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Problem you are going to have in FL is the law regarding being a contractor. Real PITA, very difficult to become a licensed contractor in FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues