Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 PM

80 posts, read 82,001 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any useful information on how to find a job as an armed security officer. I already have my ceritifcate to being a security officer, i recieved a 2 year certificate from a techinical institute in criminal justice and i am about to go to college for my last semester in criminal justice for my associates degree.

Since i have no preferences where i can move i was wondering if there was a site i could submit my resume and have potential employers call me or if i should just go to a job site and apply for every opening i see.

I know my best option is to apply for local jobs so i can easily go to interviews and start working, my only problem is i live in upstate new york and the closest potential job would be at least 2 hours away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 04:33 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,439,200 times
If you have a 2 year degree in CJ, why work as a security officer? Most are barely over minimum wage.

Apply for a job with the Feds (customs, etc). Apply as a police officer (not just the city, some airports have their own police departments as do schools, colleges, etc).

Then there is Homeland Security and all the various departments.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues