U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 11:45 AM

9,655 posts, read 15,782,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Paint, so they can do touch ups. Any leftover building materials like tile incase they need to replace a few.

Great idea! Also, if one has time, label it, bathroom, LR, etc, many paints look alike until used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 AM

9,655 posts, read 15,782,006 times
I did leave a note stating where our pets were buried. Altogether, we had 5 pets buried in the backyard. Each was buried 3 FT or more, and plants or flowers were placed to honor their little graves. Just to ask they please honor their graves, and not freak if they happen to dig up bones and think someone buried a baby

Old 05-17-2014, 01:04 PM

5,044 posts, read 5,955,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Just to ask they please honor their graves, and not freak if they happen to dig up bones and think someone buried a baby
For future reference, sprinkle several cups of garden lime directly over the body after lowering it into the hole and then fill it in. (nurseries carry it)

The lime will dissolve everything in about 9 - 18 months.

It's illegal to bury pets in some places. This technique helps insure a future homeowner won't dig up more than a few bone fragments, if that.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:16 PM

106 posts, read 178,750 times
I'm starting the process. Putting together a file of manuals, brands and model names of things like plumbing fixtures, and gathering together extra building supplies such as siding, wood flooring and composite decking, special screws and plugs and paint/stain used in the house. I'll ask my realtor at time of signing the purchase agreement to see if they want it. If not, out it will go.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 PM

18,581 posts, read 23,108,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
What do you leave the new owners of the house? I'm working on it right now.

So far, I have:
  • manuals to anything left at the home - appliances, AC units, etc
  • schedule info - such as mail delivery, garbage collection
  • locations of buried services - such as cable lines, phone lines (we are all underground services here)
  • upcoming maintenance items - such as we reseal our countertops in the fall
  • yard info - what are the names of the bushes/trees/flowers in the yard so they can learn how to care for them
  • local information - closest take out pizza, good restaurants, nearest park
  • services - lawn care, plumbers, etc. that we have used
What other things to include? We live in a large town (not quite a small city) so there are probably things that apply to living in a city or out in the country that I wouldn't think of!

Add to this post for a great reference list!
What you wrote plus - remote controls for gas fireplace, garage doors, ceiling fans etc.

an empty clean house. Don't assume that they want your junk. (we didn't)

a cake from a local bakery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or