U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 11:09 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,894,354 times

Advertisements

You suggested WI as a place you've entertained moving to so I was wondering where there would you move to? I use to live in Milwaukee and have a few distant friends from the area. Madison is supposed to be nice.
I've lived in man other places too. I recommend looking at the Houston, TX area as the economy is doing great...I lived out in The Woodlands area and loved it but Katy and Sugarland may be nice for you too.
I am currently in AZ and heading to Northern Virginia when my house closes in 55 days!
Keep us posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 11:17 PM

10,372 posts, read 14,216,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgirl2014 View Post
I would love to live where it snows in the winter, but that's not a need.

Ideas?
Living in it is a lot different than visiting or vacationing, so if you choose to go this route make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. I do like the other posters idea of hitting up some different areas to help you make your decision. Working from home should make that a little easier, and there are a lot of places that you could visit that are within a one or two day drive that would get you into snow country.
I'd look into western MI, Holland, Grand Rapids, etc. beautiful area. my family also really liked the Pittsburgh area when we visited some years ago and it's only a few hours from Lake Erie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or