Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you move to a neighborhood that banned Dogs?
YES! It would be so peaceful and quiet 20 24.69%
NO! It would stop me from bringing my own dog 56 69.14%
I would not care one way or another 5 6.17%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:35 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times

Advertisements

I couldnt and wouldnt live in a community where dogs were not allowed. I have 2 dogs of my own, and if it werent for the occasional bark (like when someone knocks), the neighbors where I live probably wouldnt even know I have dogs. Theyre quiet and calm for the most part. I have 2 truly awesome dogs. But I can understand how a yappy or barking dog can be very annoying, especially at night. And as someone mentioned earlier, its not the dogs fault its outside constantly barking, its the irresponsible owner, and they dont deserve to have pets.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times
What's next? A neighborhood ban on kids? Dogs are alot easier to control. I had a choice of moving to more affordable areas that had a three dog limit and we have four. Didn't give away the fourth..moved to a more expensive area that loves dogs.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 AM

278 posts, read 910,426 times
If our dog ended up living with one of the kids when they moved out (now teens), I would be just as happy living in a neighborhood that banned dogs than not. Some people really keep their dogs quiet and picked up after....and some don't.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
I would never live in a neighborhood that banned dogs. I value my personal freedom as well as the freedom of my neighbors. As others have stated, it isn't the dog(s) fault, rather the owners... poor training, neglect, etc.
There are cats roaming all over our neighborhood that jump our fence, pee on our back porch, and one even came through the dog door and was on my kitchen counter!! This doesn't mean I think my neighborhood should ban them. They are a nuisance, but they are here because of people.
There are kids running around yelling, loud conversions by neighbors, people are constantly using my driveway to turn around. These are things we deal with when choosing to live near others.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:09 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,787 times
Angry Beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
I would never live in a neighborhood that banned dogs. I value my personal freedom as well as the freedom of my neighbors. As others have stated, it isn't the dog(s) fault, rather the owners... poor training, neglect, etc.
There are cats roaming all over our neighborhood that jump our fence, pee on our back porch, and one even came through the dog door and was on my kitchen counter!! This doesn't mean I think my neighborhood should ban them. They are a nuisance, but they are here because of people.
There are kids running around yelling, loud conversions by neighbors, people are constantly using my driveway to turn around. These are things we deal with when choosing to live near others.
Thank you tlb71. I completely agree with you. Come on people. Start allowing homeowners and legislation to put bans on our living like BSL (think about ***Planted parenting crap. Horrible stuff. Freedom of speech even has been jepirdized with legislation, but that's another subject for another day), trust me, they won't stop at dogs! We can't allow the stupidity of irrisponisble pet/child/home owners to create to influence our lives too much or else we won't be able to do anything!

BARking dogs a problem? Sorry people, but that's poor training and irrisponibility on the owners part. Behaviors can be changed, but people get lazy. You know that. Just like a obnoxious child or annoying neighbors personal habits. A community can address some of these things, but we have to be very careful at how we approach the process. The Breed banning was started because someone didn't like one or two breeds...well, now it's up to many many breeds. Breeds that you wouldn't think would be on there.

Whether you like pets or not, let's remember that you give homeowners and insurances an inch, they WILL take miles and miles from all of us. And it's the "peasants" that feel the pinch.

NOw, to commment on neighborhoods that have restrictions can be good to keep the level of quality in a neighborhood at a level that you want. Example of "no vehicles, trailers, etc. left on roads sides" or "trash in a front yard" rules...yes, those can be valuable. In an expensive community, you aren't going to want certain aspects to lower home value like exterior building features, but banning someone's choice to have a dog or pet greatly effects more than you think; in my opinion.

I believe that we can not let the big corporations to tell us how to run our lives. Wouldn't that be unconstitutional to a point??? Hmmm

Old 01-04-2008, 03:09 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
even if I didn't have dogs I would never buy a place that didn't allow them because if you ever tried to sell your house it would totally limit the buyer pool. That just doesn't make good economic sense.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
I would never move to a neighborhood that banned me from bringing my "fur babies". I'm house hunting now and I've already crossed an entire neighborhood off my list because of their dog rules.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
I would never move to a neighborhood that banned me from bringing my "fur babies". I'm house hunting now and I've already crossed an entire neighborhood off my list because of their dog rules.
May I ask which neighborhood you are speaking of? You can mge me directly if you want to.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,892 times
Dogs and motorcycles allowed are a MUST. Pink houses, OTOH, I can live without.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times
I think they should have neighborhoods that ban people that don't like dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues