Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:25 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times

Advertisements

I have no more moving meltdowns now that I finally learned I am too old to move all my worthless crap myself. I hire movers to do the hard work for me. It is money very well spent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 09:48 PM

77 posts, read 117,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I don't think there's anything that feels better, than finally flopping into bed the first night in your new home.
Amen! Never fallen asleep so fast in my life than that first night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I had to laugh at this a little because I can see me doing the exact same thing.

I assume all worked out?
Yes, we got there with just enough time. At that point all the pressure was on the lady in the office-- She had to speed-speak like an auctioneer to explain all the leases and addendums and agreements and other numerous crap we had to sign so she could go home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Whatever, moving is stressful. Meditate, eat right, exercise and pray a lot.
And sleep, sleep, precious sleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have no more moving meltdowns now that I finally learned I am too old to move all my worthless crap myself. I hire movers to do the hard work for me. It is money very well spent
That is the way to go.

And I don't suggest making your first big move at the age of 41 like I did! Better to do it when you're young, energetic and can bounce back from pretty much any stressful thing that could occur.

Keep the stories coming, I think they're fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 07:51 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,256,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni650 View Post
Amen! Never fallen asleep so fast in my life than that first night.

Yes, we got there with just enough time. At that point all the pressure was on the lady in the office-- She had to speed-speak like an auctioneer to explain all the leases and addendums and agreements and other numerous crap we had to sign so she could go home!

And sleep, sleep, precious sleep...

That is the way to go.

And I don't suggest making your first big move at the age of 41 like I did! Better to do it when you're young, energetic and can bounce back from pretty much any stressful thing that could occur.

Keep the stories coming, I think they're fun.

When I moved from my hometown to a city 3 hours away, we were under the gun to get the lease signed, too. It was hot, the cats were in the car, so we also got the abbreviated version

I made my first major move when I was 41. Almost exactly a year ago, to be exact. From Des Moines to Phoenix. It is amazing I didn't have a major meltdown on that trip, the car broke down 3 hours from Phoenix and we had to spend 5 days at a Motel 6 in Holbrook, AZ while it got fixed. All we had was a vending machine and Denny's to eat. 2 people, 2 cats, 2 chihuahuas in a motel 6 for 5 days. And I took it in stride. Had to laugh, really. What else could I do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues