U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 11:02 AM

342 posts, read 552,478 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be putting my house on market next year.....or maybe early 2016.
I have much much clutter and furniture....like most of us.
Aside from getting rid of all "stuff" that is not coming............

1. Need to stage house at least somewhat and clear out to clean and paint.

2. Where to put all belongings.....that I will be taking? The everything, from boxes and boxes, ,,,and boxes and the furniture that is coming?

3. Is it possible to RENT a large storage shed to place in backyard while house is on market?? Not buy but rent?? How do people clear out their homes while cleaning and painting??

4. I do not wish to have everything placed in a rental facility like Public Storage.....just too expensive.

Any ideas from experience would very much be appreciated.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 11:31 AM

2,036 posts, read 3,199,841 times
You could always rent a POD or other shipping container while you're cleaning out your house. I know many people who rent them a while they're doing remodeling projects and need to clean out the entire area. I'm not sure if they're cheaper than a public storage area but they will be much more convenient seeing as you're not moving all your stuff off site.

http://www.pods.com/

U-Haul: U-Box containers for moving and storage.

http://www.1800packrat.com/Moving/Units

http://www.upack.com/moving-services...te-storage.asp

Old 12-28-2014, 12:01 PM

342 posts, read 552,478 times
Thank you so much........I see your location is MA/Az......mine is MA/CA...................wanting OUT!!! of CA....yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or