Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 04:08 PM

57 posts, read 138,496 times

Advertisements

OK so I'm not sure where to begin. I have moved each yr since 2010 never staying for more then a yr for various reasons and now I feel like doing it again. Each time has been for a better living situation then before it but this time its for weather. All of these moves have been in the northeast for work but I want to get away from the snow. Am I wrong to want to move again? I feel like people would think I'm crazy for moving so much and being far from family but I can't handle another winter. What should I do? My job has offices in the south (Raleigh) so I could relocate without fear of losing work. Just don't know if I can go through it again. Thanks for any advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 08:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
You are really the only one that can answer that. Will you be near family and friends? Or will you be leaving those all behind?

Old 02-23-2015, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,863 times
depends on how much you love/hate the snow. If I had the opportunity for a job transfer I would move south to get away from winter. I have been wanting to do that for years but of course job is #1. You can visit, they can visit. Me personally I hate being couped up in the house for months at a time bring on the warmer climate. I say go if you think you will be happier to be out of that cold arctic blast. Good Luck

Old 02-23-2015, 10:51 AM

129 posts, read 524,992 times
Don't forget, you may end up missing where you are at -- nothing can be taken for granted. Something new almost always seems to offer its own appeal.

If you have your health, count your blessings. Some people are in constant pain.

Any chance you could relocate in the winter months and come back in time for springs thaw?

Old 02-23-2015, 02:48 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
If you have a job, just start packing!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:01 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
I live in Ohio and am so sick of the snow, ice and cold! Been here all my life and very much hoping to move south within 3 yrs. I can really understand what you mean. I feel trapped during winter, and on days off very bored since its usually below freezing or roads are bad. Lately temps here have been below zero. If it was me, I would go for it just to escape the cold!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
Pack. Don't fear the regret of action over the regret of inaction.

Too many people stay stuck in a POS environment because they are paralyzed by fear and decide not to think about it.

I moved, I left friends and family, and when given the opportunity to move again five years later, I didn't move back to my original location. I left for a great city in paradise. I have a wife that moved with me, and I am not a supremely social person. My wife fills pretty much all my social interaction needs. For what its worth, one of the major incentives for my move was to get away from the awful winters.

So long as you stay on the East Coast, you can not find great weather. The best weather you will get, easily, is in North Carolina. If you were willing to leave the East Coast, the South West is the most appealing part of the country to live in by a mile unless you love rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues