U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2008, 03:27 PM

12,157 posts, read 10,784,935 times

Advertisements

Hey all! I'd forgotten about this thread, i'm glad someone brought it back to life.

Here's an update on me: I've moved my moving date back to March 09. Basically, looking at the economy and unemployment rates I thought it might not be a great idea to just quit my job and hope that my savings will tide me over until I find a new one. So I'm working part-time at the Marriott so I can transfer to one in NJ. I already talked to my manager and he said while they don't have a call center there I can always work in one of the hotels. Most likely, I'll go full-time once i move since job searching is primarily online these days. I have to be on the job six months before I can transfer and that would put me right smack in the middle of the holidays when the prices for everything goes up and i'm not too sure if I want to drive from FL to NJ in the snow.

I also have registered with a couple of temp agencies here that have offices there so when I move my test scores will already be on file and I can go straight to the interview process. I keep feeling like I'm stalling because this is the 3rd time I've moved back my dates, but my mom tells me to just slow down and relax. I think I'm an over planner.

I've got my place pretty much vacant. I went month-to-month on my lease (which costs me an extra $20 a month but it's worth it, otherwise I'd be stuck here until June). Most of my son's clothes will go to charity; I've been purging his closet every 3 months and getting rid of stuff that's too small. I donated all my books and the majority of my movies to the library. I hated to give them away but I never watch/read them and it would have just been too hard to move them.

I try to read the local paper online often and I'm making a weekend trip up there next month to check out a couple of apartment complexes, although when I first move I'll be staying with my son's grandmother.

Thanks, to everyone for the tips and encouragement, especially the one about the pediatrician. I asked the current one and she gave me an excellent recommendation, whom I visited when I was up there in April and the doctor's office gave me some good daycare referrals.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 05:05 PM

82 posts, read 125,145 times
I'm thinking about moving to Atlanta Ga or Charlotte NC.......These posts do help a lot. Thank you.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:05 PM

2,683 posts, read 1,468,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm not sure if I should job hunt here or wait until I move.
Get job

Then get apartment with month to month lease

Then settle in

Old 03-06-2012, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,341 times
I'm also thinking of moving out of my current resident state. Had no ideas what to do but now at least I have a direction. Thanks for all the tips and they do help a lot.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM

5,077 posts, read 5,112,272 times
Make lists of things to do. Get some organization into it and it goes smoother. Research before hand everything you can.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:31 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,471,367 times
Best way?

Go to a top notch law, medical, or engineering school in your area and interview on campus with employers from that state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues