Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 871 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Im live in russia , my english is not very good but i hope u will understand me. (and also correct my grammatical mistakes.)

Not so long time ago i found for myself beautiful city Juneau. He does not looks rich or perfect but that city is really won my heart. He located in interesting place close to mountains , sea and dark forest. Everything looks so peaceful and "absently" from noisy life. I spent a lot time when i looked at him through google street, but he has small sizes so im saw almost everything i suppose.

I want ask you to help me find cities in "Juneau style" : small, silent, not hot, close to mountains, forest. im already saw Anchorage he looks nice but he is on ordinary place and he does not has atmosphere like in Juneau.

p.s where i did mistakes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 09:24 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,561,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elend1l View Post
I want ask you to help me find cities in "Juneau style" : small, silent, not hot, close to mountains, forest.
It's not small, but look at Portland, Oregon (and other cities around there). It's not hot and close to mountains and forest.

It's also not small, but a lot of Russians seem to be moving to the Seattle (Washington) area.

If you really like the cold, look into Duluth, Minnesota. There aren't mountains, but it's hilly, small, and there's forest. It's also along the shores of one of the Great Lakes.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:59 PM

7,740 posts, read 6,306,144 times
Juneau has a population of about 30,000. The only way to get there is either by ship or airplane. No roads go there. I visited there in summer and enjoyed it. I would never go there in winter.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:45 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,561,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elend1l View Post
Hello everyone. Im live in russia , my english is not very good but i hope u will understand me. (and also correct my grammatical mistakes.)

Not so long time ago i found for myself beautiful city Juneau. He does not looks rich or perfect but that city is really won my heart. He located in interesting place close to mountains , sea and dark forest. Everything looks so peaceful and "absently" from noisy life. I spent a lot time when i looked at him through google street, but he has small sizes so im saw almost everything i suppose.

I want ask you to help me find cities in "Juneau style" : small, silent, not hot, close to mountains, forest. im already saw Anchorage he looks nice but he is on ordinary place and he does not has atmosphere like in Juneau.

p.s where i did mistakes?
<-- Where did I make mistakes?

Hello, Everyone.

I live in Russia. My English is not very good, but I hope you will understand me.

Not so long ago, I found the beautiful city of Juneau. It doesn't look rich or perfect, but that city has won my heart. It is located in an interesting place close to mountains, sea, and forests. Everything looks so peaceful and calm. I spent a lot of time looking at it on Google Streets. (I don't understand the last part, so I won't make suggestions.)

I would like you to help me find cities like Juneau. That is, cities that are small, quiet, not hot, and close to mountains and forests. I've already seen Anchorage. It looks nice, but it is an ordinary place and does not have an atmosphere like Juneau.

----------------------------------------------------

Please note that the OP asked for correction. I don't normally do this! (:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues