Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 04:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
What a timely thread...

My husband is currently on the internet buying new tea tins because he ordered a bunch of loose tea and I was not able to instantly recall where our old tins might be in the new house we moved to 3 months ago. He accused me of throwing them away and told me to never throw his stuff away again without talking about it to him in advance (for the record, I sometimes throw away things I should not).

I recall purging items in our old house to get it ready for the market and seeing 3-5 tea tins that were empty and had been for about 1-2 years, so I think I might have tossed them.

Sometimes purging things comes back to bite you in the butt. That's the case for me tonight, anyway.

IF they were that important they would not have been empty for that long.

IF things are so important to him then HE should be the one to tend to and pack them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 04:35 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
What a timely thread...

My husband is currently on the internet buying new tea tins because he ordered a bunch of loose tea and I was not able to instantly recall where our old tins might be in the new house we moved to 3 months ago. He accused me of throwing them away and told me to never throw his stuff away again without talking about it to him in advance (for the record, I sometimes throw away things I should not).

I recall purging items in our old house to get it ready for the market and seeing 3-5 tea tins that were empty and had been for about 1-2 years, so I think I might have tossed them.

Sometimes purging things comes back to bite you in the butt. That's the case for me tonight, anyway.
whoops! At least it was just tea tins.

But let me guess (and not actually knowing your husband of course!), when you do try to talk to him about something like whether you need to pack the old tea tins that haven't been used in a couple of years, does he ask you why you are bothering him with something like that?

Old 10-13-2015, 04:43 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
OP - it's not JUST a moving thing, I decided to really start to get "organized" and stop letting things pile up, start putting things in places where "they belong", etc. - I still have a hard time finding those things because "I remember where they were, of course that was a pile, wrong place, whatever" - maybe we just aren't as organized as some? (or have too much STUFF?) LOL

Old 10-13-2015, 08:51 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
IF they were that important they would not have been empty for that long.

IF things are so important to him then HE should be the one to tend to and pack them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
whoops! At least it was just tea tins.

But let me guess (and not actually knowing your husband of course!), when you do try to talk to him about something like whether you need to pack the old tea tins that haven't been used in a couple of years, does he ask you why you are bothering him with something like that?
What!!!! Are you guys at our house listening to our conversations?

Old 10-14-2015, 06:37 PM

32,935 posts, read 36,351,383 times
I knew where everything was in the last place, and the place before that. Where's my tape? It's supposed to be in the drawer with the pens, markers, stapler, scissors and other doohickeys.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:45 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
No, I don't have this problem for 10 months. Wow. I can get acclimated to where my stuff is pretty quickly. Even in my old age. I just make sure not to move them once I've established a place for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues