U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 01:01 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,928,968 times

Advertisements

Felt like chiming in...December will be 2 years that I relocated from Charlotte to Phoenix. Lets just say the move was enlightening and refreshing. Honestly no regrets on my move.(Thankfully). But what really gets me about relocating are the people/naysayers who just knew that I would be back at home after 1 year. Just the other day I had some one reach out to me via facebook.- " They couldn't believe I was still in Phoenix....Now grant I am a minority female, and Phoenix doesn't have the best reputation regarding minorities/politics....I relocated with no friends or family but honestly its been great mentally for me as I felt like I was just merely existing in Charlotte. Just want to say that if you feel like you need to relocate to a new city, then go for it....Don't let anyone deter you from not trying....Yes the grass is not always greener, but without risk, there's no reward.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 PM

14 posts, read 18,654 times
I totally agree with this and good for you for going for it. Sometimes you need to shake things up in life and if you're not tied down (or even if you are) it can be a great growing/learning experience. I'm always super excited when I move to a new city and learn everything fresh about a place. Find out where the good food is, where the locals hangout, etc. Plus, it forces you to meet new people and have new experiences.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:01 AM

86 posts, read 62,653 times
Awesome!! Great post. My wife and I have been planning our move from NH back to my home state of Ct. I have been here 17 years and will be returning to be closer to family and parents who are having some health issues. We are excited about our leaving here but a bit scared of the unknowns that lay ahead but just existing in a place as you stated is no way of life no matter who you are. Congrats to you on your success.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:41 PM

5,617 posts, read 13,758,098 times
I agree great post. They say moving makes your less insecure, more of a risk taker and much more successful in life!

Old 10-19-2015, 12:59 PM

133 posts, read 85,357 times
Thank you for sharing...glad things are going so well for you!

Old 10-19-2015, 01:23 PM

2,601 posts, read 1,360,393 times
I'm with everyone on this. We have moved beaucoup times and each time I have felt excitement to know what the new place will be like, how will it be to live there. I figure when it gets so I don't have those feelings anymore it's time to quit moving. We are getting ready for another move soon and although I have less energy now for packing up, etc., I still am excited to find out what interesting new things there will be to do in the new place.

One thing for sure, moving a lot makes you realize there's no perfect place. If you get it 60% right you should congratulate yourself!

Old 10-23-2015, 07:30 PM

114 posts, read 186,020 times
I absolutely agree! I've moved to 4 different cities in the last 7 years, trying to figure out where I want to land. Each move has been better than the last, and I've learned so many thing about myself along the way. I just moved again 3 weeks ago, and I'm already more in love with this city than all of the previous ones combined.

So many people stay in one place because they're scared or complacent, while there's a whole world out there waiting to be discovered. I'm just glad I'm not one of them!

Old 10-23-2015, 10:31 PM

5,300 posts, read 3,301,165 times
I love moving to a new place. I've lived in some great places, and also some crappy places.

My love of moving is probably why I'll never have kids and won't buy a house for a long time.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:30 PM

5,246 posts, read 3,012,247 times
Owned 9 homes, plus 5 rentals in 4 states. There was also living on a navy ship for a couple of years, based in 2 states at different times. Use caution and regard it as an adventure.

A friend that I went to school with has lived in the same house for 55 years, that is dull.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:43 PM

1,871 posts, read 1,666,207 times
I remember moving from Michigan to Phoenix and loving it. I was so excited to get out of the ****hole I grew up in and just was ready to start to new. My Dad said that I had a chance to reinvent myself. Not sure if I agree with it but it was a nice change of scenery and not really knowing anyone. Awesome to hear of your and others success stories. At times I really miss Arizona and no daylight saving time/dry heat. Maybe someday I will get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues