Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,680,818 times

Advertisements

Columbus OH or other ohio cities would be much more affordable! Its not exactly east coast but you would probably do well as theres a good bit of available jobs. Maybe Virginia or north Carolina areas. Both have LCOL areas. I cannot comment on job situation though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 01:18 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,767,730 times
Richmond VA, or maybe somewhere in the research triangle, NC

Old 01-25-2016, 01:41 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,533,646 times
Try Houston - a lot of NY, PA, MI, etc license plates seen here on the daily. COL isn't that bad and neither are the winters. A healthy amount of part time work here as well (YMCA, big box stores, schools, etc)

there's big bugs here though

edit: oh never mind, I just re-read your title - "East Coast" good luck anyway I hope you find a spot

Old 01-25-2016, 05:57 PM

23,966 posts, read 32,289,435 times
We left the NYC metro area seven years ago. First to PA. For a variety of reasons, it wasn't a good fit.

We are happy now in NE Ohio. Outside of the snow belt. We missed the Nor'Eraster.
My husband and I have similar interests to yours. I like arty, small towns. Antiques, books, ethnic restaurants and festivals, wineries, interesting book stores, yoga, and lifelong learning.

In this area, health care is booming. There are plenty on one and two year programs that might be of interest to you. If you already have you bachelors degrees, there are inexpensive masters degrees at Kent State, Youngstown State, and University of Akron.

The col is incredibly low and the salaries are much higher than someplace like FL or the Carolinas.

I miss the ocean, but the North Coast of Lake Erie is truly magnificent. Because living is so inexpensive, we spend most of Feb. in FL or NC. In general, we travel more.

If you have questions, send me a direct message.

This link is for visitors - but it might give you an idea of what to expect if you visit.

http://www.adventuresinnortheastohio.com/

Old 01-25-2016, 06:26 PM

23,966 posts, read 32,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We left the NYC metro area seven years ago. First to PA. For a variety of reasons, it wasn't a good fit.

We are happy now in NE Ohio. Outside of the snow belt. We missed the Nor'Eraster.
My husband and I have similar interests to yours. I like arty, small towns. Antiques, books, ethnic restaurants and festivals, wineries, interesting book stores, yoga, and lifelong learning.

In this area, health care is booming. There are plenty on one and two year programs that might be of interest to you. If you already have you bachelors degrees, there are inexpensive masters degrees at Kent State, Youngstown State, and University of Akron.

The col is incredibly low and the salaries are much higher than someplace like FL or the Carolinas.

I miss the ocean, but the North Coast of Lake Erie is truly magnificent. Because living is so inexpensive, we spend most of Feb. in FL or NC. In general, we travel more.

If you have questions, send me a direct message.

This link is for visitors - but it might give you an idea of what to expect if you visit.

Plan Your Next Adventures in NE Ohio - Adventures in Northeast Ohio
The 14 Most Charming Small Towns In Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues