Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:05 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
I used Angels Moving Autos to ship my truck from CA to MA. They were prompt and stayed in contact with me along the way. If I had any quesstions I could call them and they would either call me right back or would get me the answer while I was on the phone. For shipping a truck accross the country and quality of service the price was low (1200). Also another person I know has used Auto Zipper and states that they were also very helpful and prompt. You can go to www.transportreviws.com and get informtaion on numerous auto transporters.

Best Wishes
$1200 is cheap. It would cost you that much to drive with gas and hotels and time off work... well worth the money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 02:07 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
I am moving from Los Angeles to Houston. I am wondering if it's better and cheaper to hire a company to move my car instead of me driving there. How does it work? Do they drop your car off anywhere you want them to? Thanks.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM

445 posts, read 1,984,383 times
I used Dependable Auto Shippers – Your Auto Transport Company – Car Shipping Quote Online
I shipped my car from Louisiana to New Jersey for $830.00 door to door and i had it in 1 week.It came in perfect condition without any scratches or dents.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM

630 posts, read 2,226,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I am moving from Los Angeles to Houston. I am wondering if it's better and cheaper to hire a company to move my car instead of me driving there. How does it work? Do they drop your car off anywhere you want them to? Thanks.
Well the ones I used picked up at my house in CA and were to deliver to my new home, but when I got to MA I had to stay at a hotel. I called the Transport company and they delivered my truck to my hotel. So in my case yes they will pick up and deliver at any location, but you need to make sure they can get the truck (tractor/trailer) to your location. Depending upon the size of your vehicle and the distance it can be cheaper to ship. Also there is no wear and tear on your vehicle (as long as the company is reputable). My son shipped his new compact car from CA to SC for $300, so that was much cheaper and easier on the family than driving across country.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 PM

652 posts, read 2,264,918 times
The very best place I've found to do searches for moving anything is on Epinions.com
Hundreds of user reviews there for just about everything.
I definetly saw tons of moving companies reviewed in there by real people.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM

I just got a quote from the mover nsa162 used. Point to point delivery for my 15 year old car from Los Angeles to Houston (about 1,460 miles) will cost $744. Does that seem about right? Is it better to pay $744 or to drive there myself? Thanks.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I just got a quote from the mover nsa162 used. Point to point delivery for my 15 year old car from Los Angeles to Houston (about 1,460 miles) will cost $744. Does that seem about right? Is it better to pay $744 or to drive there myself? Thanks.
It depends on if you want to drive or not. Do you think the car is reliable enough to make the drive? I used that company and i had no problems at all.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
It depends on if you want to drive or not. Do you think the car is reliable enough to make the drive? I used that company and i had no problems at all.
I think my car is reliable enough to drive. I am more concerned with cost.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:15 AM

Hey, I got better quote with autotransportdirect for $650. Has anybody used them out of CA? I am not too happy they don't let you put anything in your car. I was counting on being able to put a few items in my car. Is this normal? Thanks.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hey, I got better quote with autotransportdirect for $650. Has anybody used them out of CA? I am not too happy they don't let you put anything in your car. I was counting on being able to put a few items in my car. Is this normal? Thanks.
Of course its normal. Firstly, they dont want to be responsible for anything in the car.Secondly,would you trust some stranger with stuff inside your car?Their responsibility is your car and thats it. If you put a box inside your car and had it shipped and when you got the car the box wasnt in there,there would be no way to prove it was ever there or what was inside the box. Even when i get work done on my car like repairs and oil changes,i take everything out. Its easier that way then to try to prove that someone stole something out of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues