Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 06:20 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,422 times

Advertisements

Hi there-

Looks like I'll be moving back to the San Diego area in a month or so. I'll be staying with family so there won't be a lot of room to bring my 1 bedroom apartment with me. Much of this depends on what my current employer will agree to. I've asked if I could work remotely from SD and am awaiting their response. Money will be more of an issue obviously if my employer doesn't agree to me working remotely.

My thoughts were as follows:

1.) Just have a local mover put everything into storage here in Denver and then drive back to SD. I'll use Greyhound or Amtrak to ship several boxes of my stuff so that I'll have it immediately. Once I settle in, I can arrange a long distance move. This is a good solution if my employer says "no way" to working remotely.

...or

2.) Use one of those pods services so that everything can be shipped, packed and unpacked at any time (and one time) regardless of when I need it. Probably a better solution if my employer says yes to me working remotely.

My concern with option 1 is that I'll have to physically come back to Denver to oversee the movers. That's extra time and cost.

My concern with option 2 is the cost. I'll have to research it.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues