U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:35 PM

24,804 posts, read 23,744,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Is it possible that you could stay with a friend of a friend or perhaps ask at your church or maybe with a co-worker?
she's got to know someone.

op, ask everyone you see daily or weekly--co-workers, people from church. do you belong to any clubs or organizations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 01:26 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,018,171 times
How about boarding your pet and staying in a campground? Some like KOA have little cabins to stay in. And they may allow a pet if it is kept in a cage.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:17 AM

8,823 posts, read 6,349,959 times
I'd also vote against Craig's List. Try extended stay places or motels, or ask at work or like someone said see your present landlord and explain the situation....don't even mention the ferret..it's short term anyway so I would sneak him in...

Old 03-02-2016, 06:05 AM

1,727 posts, read 3,128,324 times
When I was in a similar situation a few years ago, I asked my landlord and he let me stay a few days for a reasonable fee. Maybe your landlord will work with you on this.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 AM

280 posts, read 249,589 times
agree with the KOA "Kozy Kabins" - they're really nice! Also, check hotel rates with a AAA card - usually pays for the $66/fee with the first few nights of hotel stays.

And, check the daily rates of the hotels too. You might find one that bumps up the rate for some special thing over the weekend so if you can change locations depending on what the rates are, you can save bigtime. (Some hotels are higher for business travelers on week days, others bump up the rate for tourists on weekends - look carefully at the daily rates.)

And, check the smaller mom-and-pop hotels. Call and talk to a real person and ask for their best rate possible.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 AM

5,664 posts, read 4,377,130 times
I wonder if the OP will return and enlighten us about her results in finding a stop-gap solution.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM

2,850 posts, read 905,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSwan View Post
So I don't have any friends in the current town I live. I was renting an apartment, but found a house I liked and bought it. The problem is I didn't continue my lease for the apartment since I own a house, right? Wrong! I wasn't told that the paper work would take 48 days to be processed therefore I don't own the house until March 30th! My lease is up March 15th...

So I need a place to stay for two weeks.

I looked at hotels -It'll cost me (The lowest) $1,587.78 USD

I looked up Hostels -All are 2+ hours away from my job.

And Craiglist- people want 1,000.00 For a month! and more once they find out I have a ferret!
(who is more trained than most people's cats.)

I live in Washington State, and I work in Redmond.

Do you think posting a wanted ad on Craigslist would be a good idea?

I'm just a woman with her ferret getting a huge dose of life *Sigh*

Thank you in advance.

Yellow Swan
Check to see if there is a VALUEPLACE hotel in your area. I'm at work and the firewall won't let me look - but they offer weeks for like 199 here in Huntsville, AL... They have their own kitchen, full bathroom - fridge - nice for the price... Good luck.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:08 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,504,230 times
Those places are typically in very questionable areas (and they nickel-and-dime you with extra fees for internet, towels, certain kitchen supplies, etc.). You can check out Extended Stay America, which is more expensive, but sometimes their locations are in decent areas.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 8 hours ago)

8,596 posts, read 10,787,046 times
Extended stay hotels have deals for weekly rates or monthly ones.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:43 PM

1,580 posts, read 812,645 times
I had to stay at a La Quinta for two months because my apartment was not ready in time and no one would take me in with my cats (three). The LQ was cheaper than boarding the cats which I didn't want to do, anyways.

I spoke to a manager and explained the situation. They allowed three cats (their policy is two) and gave me a special weekly rate which really was quite low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or