U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:17 AM

427 posts, read 379,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
the problem with your work is you're just doing it for the money....is there anything you enjoy doing that you can make money at?

what skills do you have?
Well I've made $100 busking on and off for a few hours in the past several months. Five years ago I made $500 selling a melody for a jingle.

But in terms of "job skills?" None. Wanna know why? "Jobs" suck. They only succeed in making my depression worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 04:24 AM

1,582 posts, read 1,137,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
Well I've made $100 busking on and off for a few hours in the past several months. Five years ago I made $500 selling a melody for a jingle.

But in terms of "job skills?" None. Wanna know why? "Jobs" suck. They only succeed in making my depression worse.
There's nothing wrong with living in a car/Van; I have several friends who do this for various reasons. Not everyone *wants* a 'sticks & bricks' house, and not everyone can afford one. Not having a stationary address doesn't make one a 'bum' - that's a state of mind. Most of my mobile friends like to travel and work their way from place to place (as in work for three months and then travel for nine). DH & I are mobile for 6 months every year - give or take - but in our younger years we busked our way around the world. It's easy, fun to do, and you meet many interesting people. If you enjoyed busking, and like travelling, why not make it your vocation for a while? You could even blog about it!

Showering and toileting is easy enough on the road. Here is a great site for those new to cheap mobile living:
Cheap RV Living.com-Home . Don't be put off by the title; many people who freqent the site live in cars, and a few even travel on motor bikes & sleep in tents.

Anything is possible, just make sure you enjoy it! Being mentally,physically, and emotionally prepared for a mobile lifestyle makes all the difference, and you'll never be alone 'out there' when you are on the road, as there are literally thousands of decent and respectable people who've chosen a mobile lifestyle.

Hope this helps.

Blessings to you!

Mahrie.
P.S. Check out this video on YouTube: Without Bound.

Last edited by Mahrie; 07-06-2016 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: To add a P.S.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:15 AM

2,133 posts, read 984,375 times
Quote:

Well, if you don't want a 'job,' you have big problems.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:18 AM

7,344 posts, read 3,039,094 times
Quote:
Who ever said I was mentally ill? Or a woman?
We all determined it. Your admission that you live like an animal is how we arrived at that conclusion. You don't seem to be interested in doing what is necessary to escape your condition. That isn't normal.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:32 AM

35,182 posts, read 32,154,534 times
You think most people want the job they are doing? Welcome to adulthood.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 AM

7,344 posts, read 3,039,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Really. I couldn't stand my job for 25-years, but I made a lot of money and it allowed me to retire. Life's never easy.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 AM

1,168 posts, read 780,308 times
Sell your civic and buy a used cargo van with no windows. Get a cot and an inverter and a camping toilet you can live quite good. Learn to take a sponge bath and you will be fine. I did this myself for 4 years when I was young and still do it today when I have jobs I travel to that are far from any place to stay.
A real RV isnt a good Idea because people notice it and in many places they dont like you camping out at wallmart.
But a cargo van with a curtain behind the seats and no one bothers you. They just think you are working there. You are also very movile when it comes to getting a job and can go anywhere.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:11 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,347,867 times
Quote:
I don't have a drug problem or anything like that. It's not a crack house but it's an incredibly frustrating place to live.

. Months ago I made effort to find work, but after repeated firings, I just feel this immense feeling of dread while looking for work. I feel like whatever little confidence I had is gone. I am very disillusioned with working. Pizza delivery sucks, and I quit after three months because it was making me more miserable than before. The difference is back then I was living with family so I didn't have as many consequences for not working.

But what are my consequences now? Being alone in my car listening to my Bob Dylan CDs. Sounds much better than the prison-like atmosphere I live in now.
Why did you get fired? Sucky jobs suck. What is it you like to do? What are your goals?

Your consequences could be, getting robbed, having your car break down, or broken into. Not having enough money to eat, or keep your car, your mental concerns becoming worse without a reason to improve them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
There's nothing wrong with living in a car/Van; I have several friends who do this for various reasons. Not everyone *wants* a 'sticks & bricks' house, and not everyone can afford one. Not having a stationary address doesn't make one a 'bum' - that's a state of mind. Most of my mobile friends like to travel and work their way from place to place (as in work for three months and then travel for nine). DH & I are mobile for 6 months every year - give or take - but in our younger years we busked our way around the world. It's easy, fun to do, and you meet many interesting people. If you enjoyed busking, and like travelling, why not make it your vocation for a while? You could even blog about it!

Showering and toileting is easy enough on the road. Here is a great site for those new to cheap mobile living:
Cheap RV Living.com-Home . Don't be put off by the title; many people who freqent the site live in cars, and a few even travel on motor bikes & sleep in tents.

Anything is possible, just make sure you enjoy it! Being mentally,physically, and emotionally prepared for a mobile lifestyle makes all the difference, and you'll never be alone 'out there' when you are on the road, as there are literally thousands of decent and respectable people who've chosen a mobile lifestyle.

Hope this helps.

Blessings to you!

Mahrie.
P.S. Check out this video on YouTube: Without Bound.
He's not talking about a road tour with work, he's talking about "just drifting around".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
YEP. Priorities... Most people would rather put up with working then live in there car not knowing how there going to eat, sleep, and get on with life.

AGAIN, go talk to your psychologist. Get over the stigma of it, and get some help professional help to try to improve your life.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:01 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,588,112 times
Sounds like you gave up. Improving your position in life takes continued commitment. Disillusioned with working? ROFL...who isn't. But if you want things like privacy, you suck it up and work. if you are unemployable, something I doubt, fix whatever it is that makes you that way and become employable. Only you can fix your life and you are in for4 a miserable existence if this is the life you have accepted and have no vision for the future and improvement.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:36 PM

11,070 posts, read 4,865,223 times
What jobs have you had, and what happens to get you fired?

You have a relatively new car. What about working for Lyft or Uber?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or