U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:38 PM

1,911 posts, read 1,185,324 times

Advertisements

You mentioned in your other thread that you were on medication. Can you speak to the doctor who prescribed that medication for you and ask his advice?
The doctor may have better suggestions for you that won't involve you being homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 08:14 PM

242 posts, read 121,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I used to see day laborers hang out in front of Home Depots but come to think of it, I haven't seen that in a long time.

call the closest unemployment office and state your situation..you never know what might happen..maybe advertise for day labor work in your local Craigslist.
The closest unemployment office is Bakersfield, 40 miles away, but accessible by bus. I come from the south so bus service, ESPECIALLY in a small town (even smaller than where I'm from) is like a MIRACLE, and it's like discovering alien life, it's shocking existence to find. My family and others LIED to me, they said you have to drive and own a car to go anywhere, maybe they honestly believe that because they've lived in the same area forever.

If I was actually physically trapped in a rural area by myself, I literally could not survive, I would die. You could give me a car and even a legal pass to drive, but chances are I'd crash, or be pulled over for driving TOO SLOW. Or die from a panic attack behind the wheel causing me to crash. Take away Internet access completely from me, I am dead serious when I say this whether you believe me or not, I WILL kill myself, run away, or hurt you, because I've become so dependent on the Internet, it is LITERALLY my whole life, all my friends are on it, it doesn't require physical transportation, it connects me to the outside world, I don't have to worry about being awkward in front of people because I can just type without being psychically seen, I can look up how to do things that I don't know how to do (which is A LOT), look up if I'm gonna die when I ate something that turned out to be or may have been bad or if something bit me or it feels like something bit me, find out stuff like if it's possible for me to do stuff (Lose my virginity, get a girlfriend, become financially successful, become fully independent and self reliant, if a woman can fall in love with me, if I can do what the vast majority of humans do, these are things that people of ALL social statuses do, jock, nerd, dork, genius, blue collar worker, white worker, even welfare bums and homeless people!)I've become where my mind can take anything as a guaranteed fact and I'll actually believe it and get all depressed, because I actually believe it is a guaranteed fact! Before criticize me, I GUARANTEE your mind is nothing like mine, you're on a different mind system, your brain operates differently, you probably didn't go through the same trauma that I did (you probably think you did but that's because you're thinking of something different, OR you simply didn't have the problem at the same severity I did, so you can't relate, you are lucky you didn't get sucked in as deep as I did). I've already found out, when I manage to explain myself EXACTLY after people misunderstand me, they say "I don't understand what you're saying". This may seem like complete alien gibberish to people, and I understand that, that means you have it better than me, even if you think you don't, you just can't understand what I mean by that, because you don't have the same problems, think of it like our brains running on different operating systems... The coding in our brains is different so what may look the same is COMPLETELY different. If you manage to understand me, you won't understand me. You may understand that you have come to an incorrect conclusion about me, but you will be stumped on what my problem is, you will be confused saying "I don't understand what you mean LifeSeeker21".

Sorry if that was hard to read, but different brain coding, different understandings.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
You mentioned in your other thread that you were on medication. Can you speak to the doctor who prescribed that medication for you and ask his advice?
The doctor may have better suggestions for you that won't involve you being homeless.
I don't know. But my doctor who presrcibes my meds is 1,540 miles away, MY FAMILY doesn't even live in that town anymore. It's just a general practitioner, when I felt there I didn't feel there was any actual talking help to be offered, just giving me pills. My mom didn't want to keep driving me to my better doctor because it was too far away and she was sick of driving an hour and a half to take me to the doctor, being stuck in small towns means poorer services.

I doubt they'd know of such options, most people don't know, at least people who live in small towns where many resources don't exist.

Although ordinary people can't help with everything, it's a common misconception that small town people help each other, that's often such bs. You can't always rely on your government either, regardless of location. There could be some perfect solution for me that I and most people have no idea exists, if I find out it exists I'm gonna be pissed but relieved. It'll suck cause it'll be like I SUFFERED THROUGH ALL THAT BS JUST BECAUSE I LIVED SOMEWHERE ELSE! UNFAIR BS!

Old 01-05-2017, 08:56 PM

A friend who's been in homeless shelters said all men have to shower together, then I found this President Obama: Homeless Women In Shelters Must Shower With Men - Breitbart

Although I wouldn't have to shower with men, the women could team up and really hurt me, or even kill me like one guy in the article.

If only I still had my full savings and could come up with a better plan, and be able to transition without any period of homelessness.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:01 PM

2,321 posts, read 1,195,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSeeker21 View Post
A friend who's been in homeless shelters said all men have to shower together, then I found this President Obama: Homeless Women In Shelters Must Shower With Men - Breitbart

Although I wouldn't have to shower with men, the women could team up and really hurt me, or even kill me like one guy in the article.

If only I still had my full savings and could come up with a better plan, and be able to transition without any period of homelessness.
Hi Lifeseeker, just got back
(we are sick today and limiting our activities so I have been online a lot today)

Just a note- you do realize Breitbart is that fake news outlet that Trumps man Bannon works for - right?

Its not a great source of info-
but yea homeless shelters are scary.

Larkin street youth shelters are better than that (I used to walk by their domiciles all the time, and they work with people with issues as well).

Old 01-05-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Hi Lifeseeker, just got back
(we are sick today and limiting our activities so I have been online a lot today)

Just a note- you do realize Breitbart is that fake news outlet that Trumps man Bannon works for - right?

Its not a great source of info-
but yea homeless shelters are scary.

Larkin street youth shelters are better than that (I used to walk by their domiciles all the time, and they work with people with issues as well).
If so, definitely sounds completely worth the 12-15+ hour bus ride. I just want to feel and be safe.

From the looks of Google, it's $24 from Bakersfield to San Francisco, and of course $3 to ride the bus TO Bakersfield, so $27 ride. I need more info on this place. I don't care if other places are closer like Bakersfield, I'm not putting myself in those dangerous places, I even red Google reviews of a Bakersfield shelter, white people were harassed out, only black people had good reviews.

I hate to sound racist, but almost all the people who have tried to rob me were black, in multiple US states. I'm sorry, I know not everyone of any race is bad, but it's a fact that many bad people are black!

I'm still scared about going to the Larkin place, and San Francisco is the most expensive city in America! So I can't imagine how you'd get on your feet from nothing!

Last edited by LifeSeeker21; 01-05-2017 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-05-2017, 10:00 PM

1,612 posts, read 735,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSeeker21 View Post

Oh for heaven's sake, Lifeseeker, you're really stretching for reasons why whatever is suggested to you won't work. Don't get your "news" from Breitbart. Did you ever have to shower in gym class when you were in school? And are you now saying you're transgender? That's a twist I must have missed in your 200+ posts.

While I still maintain (from that other thread) that you really, really need to seek mental health counseling, let's say you just can't right now. Then you need to hit the pavement (and I mean *that* ... get off the computer) right there in Tehachapi and apply to every business in town that might have an entry level job. I mean fast food, restaurants, motels, convenience stores, storage units, mobile home parks ... whatever. I looked on Google and there's a Kmart in town. If it's not one that's closing, go apply. There's a Love Travel Stop. Go apply. There's a Home Depot. Go apply. You can clean out storage units or clean up yards and lots. You can wash dishes or learn to be a sandwich artist or to make fries. You can mop floors and clean bathrooms. You have to start somewhere and make some money while you can stay with your aunt and uncle. Walk into every podunk little business you come across ... not every place will have online applications ... and tell them you're looking for a place to start and that you will work your butt off for the opportunity. Be clean and neat, look them in the eye and be sincere. Resist telling them your life story and telegraphing every fear you have. You need to get something to make enough money to get to a larger town with more opportunities ... and people who can help you with some of your issues. Landing a job, any job, will help raise your self-esteem and confidence.

You're not the only one who got a raw deal in life. As much as you insist no one will/can understand you, you think you know that everybody else got all the breaks or naturally knows just what to do in life. Ain't true, my friend. You do have a lot of baggage. But you must pick ONE THING as a place to start and follow through. Your many, many shotgun posts over the past couple of days show your mind jumping from rock to rock like a duck after a junebug. Is your medication for ADHD, by any chance? If so, i don't think it's working. Ultimately, you need to be working with someone who can help you and that may include heavier medication. Your fear that "someone will notice" and fear of your family's disapproval ... in fact, your fear of *living* is going to continue to hold you hostage and we'll be having the same conversation when you're 31.

Do every thing you can to get a job, any job. You won't have to do it forever. Make enough money to blow that popstand so you can get some real, professional help. You have to break out of this cycle that you are in and that you are perpetuating. You can have a better life. Get off the computer tomorrow and go work for it.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Oh for heaven's sake, Lifeseeker, you're really stretching for reasons why whatever is suggested to you won't work. Don't get your "news" from Breitbart. Did you ever have to shower in gym class when you were in school? And are you now saying you're transgender? That's a twist I must have missed in your 200+ posts.

While I still maintain (from that other thread) that you really, really need to seek mental health counseling, let's say you just can't right now. Then you need to hit the pavement (and I mean *that* ... get off the computer) right there in Tehachapi and apply to every business in town that might have an entry level job. I mean fast food, restaurants, motels, convenience stores, storage units, mobile home parks ... whatever. I looked on Google and there's a Kmart in town. If it's not one that's closing, go apply. There's a Love Travel Stop. Go apply. There's a Home Depot. Go apply. You can clean out storage units or clean up yards and lots. You can wash dishes or learn to be a sandwich artist or to make fries. You can mop floors and clean bathrooms. You have to start somewhere and make some money while you can stay with your aunt and uncle. Walk into every podunk little business you come across ... not every place will have online applications ... and tell them you're looking for a place to start and that you will work your butt off for the opportunity. Be clean and neat, look them in the eye and be sincere. Resist telling them your life story and telegraphing every fear you have. You need to get something to make enough money to get to a larger town with more opportunities ... and people who can help you with some of your issues. Landing a job, any job, will help raise your self-esteem and confidence.

You're not the only one who got a raw deal in life. As much as you insist no one will/can understand you, you think you know that everybody else got all the breaks or naturally knows just what to do in life. Ain't true, my friend. You do have a lot of baggage. But you must pick ONE THING as a place to start and follow through. Your many, many shotgun posts over the past couple of days show your mind jumping from rock to rock like a duck after a junebug. Is your medication for ADHD, by any chance? If so, i don't think it's working. Ultimately, you need to be working with someone who can help you and that may include heavier medication. Your fear that "someone will notice" and fear of your family's disapproval ... in fact, your fear of *living* is going to continue to hold you hostage and we'll be having the same conversation when you're 31.

Do every thing you can to get a job, any job. You won't have to do it forever. Make enough money to blow that popstand so you can get some real, professional help. You have to break out of this cycle that you are in and that you are perpetuating. You can have a better life. Get off the computer tomorrow and go work for it.
I never got hired for anything before but I just put in applications really, and all were online, even calling back didn't work, but maybe one or even two times isn't enough? Also what do I tell my aunt and uncle? That it's too late to go to college this semester so I'm just going to try to get a job until the summer semester? Also I DID apply for Kmark, but just like Taco Bell has always done, immediately got a rejection email. And way to get hired at Kmart still?

I don't have any friends or anyone here so no networking, can I still sell myself? I can't make that much just from picking up cans and bottles. In fact, the most I ever got from one recycling trip was $17, and took A LOT. I can't imagine even getting $20 a day from that.

What about the Larkin place in San Fran though? I'll have access to my money (slow transfers) within maybe a week and will be enough to ride buses there, and I'll have foodstamp money so I won't need cash to eat.

I must tell you, I have been stuck thinking worst case scenarios a lot, and often struggle to see anything positive, I can only see negative a lot. I just assume the worst now, most of the time, like I said my moods and personalities swing, I can be anyone and am different people at different times.

ADHD? I got ADD, which is now only called ADHD. Medicine for it? I used to, and it made me think I was demonically possessed. Now no meds for ADD. It was Adderall.

Anad yes, fear of life does result in no life, I want to have a life and live.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:32 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,700,407 times
Do you have a family member to call to help you through this time in your life?

Do you have a place to sleep and stay?

Are you able to eat? Where?

Do you have money?

You have never had a job before?

You moved to CA from a small town in the south? There were no jobs there, is that why? Or was it to follow a girl you're involved with?

Why are you in ANOTHER small town in CA? Why are you in CA? That's an expensive state.

I suggest picking up some cheap food, from wherever, putting it in you pack, and going to that place in Larkin to get some help. Call them first, though. Is there a phone you can use for FREE? That place in Larkin is in the business of helping people.

If you can't get there...go to a local church. Maybe the pastor can direct you to some place locally to get some help.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

Do you have a place to sleep and stay?

Are you able to eat? Where?

Do you have money?

You have never had a job before?

You moved to CA from a small town in the south? There were no jobs there, is that why? Or was it to follow a girl you're involved with?

Why are you in ANOTHER small town in CA? Why are you in CA? That's an expensive state.

I suggest picking up some cheap food, from wherever, putting it in you pack, and going to that place in Larkin to get some help. Call them first, though. Is there a phone you can use for FREE? That place in Larkin is in the business of helping people.

If you can't get there...go to a local church. Maybe the pastor can direct you to some place locally to get some help.

Do you have a place to sleep and stay? Yes, my aunt and uncle's.

Are you able to eat? Where? Yes, my aunt and uncle's, and I get $196 a month in food stamps.

Do you have money? No. I should have $40 within a week from my survey sites, and can get some extra cash from picking up cans and bottles.

You have never had a job before? Nope.

You moved to CA from a small town in the south? There were no jobs there, is that why? Or was it to follow a girl you're involved with? I was stuck at home, and had to escape. I didn't originally leave Texas though. I've posted this LOOOOOOOONG story. I'll cut to why I'm here, I have family here, which is who I am staying with, I didn't want to be homeless...

Why are you in ANOTHER small town in CA? Why are you in CA? See the above ^

I suggest picking up some cheap food, from wherever, putting it in you pack, and going to that place in Larkin to get some help. Call them first, though. Is there a phone you can use for FREE? That place in Larkin is in the business of helping people. I have a Tracfone that fortunately has hundreds of minutes on it, back early in my journey I guess I'll call it, I was forced to buy a $100 card because that's all the Walgreens I was at had and I had to be able to contact my friend I was going to live by. I explained the disaster there (Charleston, South Carolina). Why did I leave the two people that gave me problems in real life on Facebook? I don't know, because they didn't unfriend me and I can be nosey out of curiosity. ALWAYS have your wallet WITH you if you are ANYWHERE where ANYONE can access your stuff, unless they are a VERY trusted person to you, like a good friend, family member, significant other, spouse. The cops couldn't do much about the robbery because it was cash which can't be tracked.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or