Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:33 PM

242 posts, read 157,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
This reminds me a bit of "Mr.2089", who took many of us on a boat ride with his fable of living in a homeless shelter.
I've never been in a homeless shelter myself, but have been told taking the bus to a city and going straight to a homeless shelter might be my only way to start life now, you know to be able to transition from my mess to independence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 02:34 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,442,840 times
What about the option of staying with your aunt and uncle and looking for a job without going to job corps to be harassed? Surely there are other ways to find jobs than just job corp. You are creating most of this drama yourself.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
What about the option of staying with your aunt and uncle and looking for a job without going to job corps to be harassed? Surely there are other ways to find jobs than just job corp. You are creating most of this drama yourself.
I'm scared of their reaction of me changing my mind about going to college, because that was my reason for staying. Also did you see me say according to Indeed there are 70 entry level jobs here (and like I said all the hillbilly gossip targeting people to ruin their reputation and life, making employers not hire you) and 780 entry level jobs at home? Also, if I DO get kicked out at home, it's much closer to walk to a shelter...

Old 01-06-2017, 02:49 PM

Go home and look for a job if there are 10x the amount of jobs.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:05 PM

Maybe I should just go home, be good, and apply to all the jobs I can. I definitely have a MUCH higher chance of getting a job or even more than one job there. There's job AND social opportunities there, even in walking and biking distance (I have a bicycle there, my mom kept it for me). Maybe I can even get Foodstamps there. I 26 total places I can apply to within walking or biking distance of the house there so far, still many more places.

I'm uncomfortable living here and there, but I'm scared of being homeless. There are definitely WAY more opportunities to become independent at home, so that may be the best option. If I don't choose between here and there (or if I don't just choose there) I'm going to remain stuck and continue wasting my life, or should I say existence, cause I don't have a life yet!

Old 01-06-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Go home and look for a job if there are 10x the amount of jobs.
Ok so you agree with me on that.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSeeker21 View Post
Ok so you agree with me on that.
Go home, be good, do whatever it takes if there's a chance you will have a roof over your head at your parents (or whomever). Then once you get a job you can begin the next chapter in your life.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Go home, be good, do whatever it takes if there's a chance you will have a roof over your head at your parents (or whomever). Then once you get a job you can begin the next chapter in your life.
How do I GET a job? I get the implication that turning in an application is not enough, whether it's online or in person.

I'll probably HAVE to go home to be able to reach my New Year's resolutions, beginning of a New Year, I should do whatever it takes to fix my life.

Last edited by LifeSeeker21; 01-06-2017 at 04:55 PM..

Old 01-06-2017, 06:37 PM

I just talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour, I'm going home. There's much more there, and problems in this house are not there. Spoke to my grandmother too, and step dad, it was 3-4 lines at once, that's cool, however that works.

I should be able to get a job in some fast food or retail, I feel like Walmart or another grocery store would be pretty low stress and simple...

It's a new year's, time to make a major change, that will last a lifetime.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:41 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,856,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSeeker21 View Post
I just talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour, I'm going home. There's much more there, and problems in this house are not there. Spoke to my grandmother too, and step dad, it was 3-4 lines at once, that's cool, however that works.

I should be able to get a job in some fast food or retail, I feel like Walmart or another grocery store would be pretty low stress and simple...

It's a new year's, time to make a major change, that will last a lifetime.
Sounds like a great start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues