Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:39 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a car transport company. Specifically from Fla to NC? Haven't ever had to transport before but we have two cars plus the moving truck and only two of us so we figure we'll ship one and tow one. Thanks for suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 02:23 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Ask around DOWN THERE for someone who does the driving service.
They are all over the place.
eg: My folks found a retired Greyhound driver they used for almost 15 years.
--

Otherwise the carriers are listed in the Yellow pages and on google.
Almost all are brokers.

I used one based in Ft Myers to carry a car to California ...
just a sad old trailer on a sad lot not far from I-75.
Cost me $700 in 2010.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:42 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,349,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Any suggestions for a car transport company. Specifically from Fla to NC? Haven't ever had to transport before but we have two cars plus the moving truck and only two of us so we figure we'll ship one and tow one. Thanks for suggestions!
Heck, post this in the retirement forum...the topic delivering cars has come up as a way to get extra income in retirement. Maybe a couple would do it: one of them driving your car, the other driving theirs up to NC, and then they go back to FL in their car. Might be that someone wants to spend a bit of vacation time in NC and the extra money would come in handy.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,314 times
Question Auto transport - Do I need insurance?

We will probably move soon from San Jose to Florida
It will be too far for me to drive so I'm thinking of using one of the auto transport companies.
Do I need to buy an insurance for that?

Old 03-26-2017, 10:06 AM

6,147 posts, read 4,511,316 times
Default Auto shipping

I'm not going far in terms of miles, but have an old car whose battery won't hold a charge. I wondered if a shipper/transporter would pick it up in that condition? Is there anyone reputable in the NYC area? Or should I do the battery here first?

Old 03-26-2017, 11:37 AM

48 posts, read 43,916 times
Default Auto Transport From NJ To Texas

Hi my family and i just relocated from NJ to Texas 2 weeks ago. This was our first big move in 20 years. We used ABF to ship our housing items, thank God we didn't have any problems with that. Now we're trying to get our vehicle shipped here. Do anyone know of any reliable Auto transport companies? Thanks In Advance!!!

Old 04-01-2017, 09:35 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,085 times
I ended up using Fisher Shipping and they were great to deal with. I recently moved across the country (MA-AZ) and had my brand new truck shipped. Moving was stressful enough but now having to rely on a transportation company to deliver my new truck in perfect condition was another stress. Everything went smooth and they kept in contact with me throughout the trip and actually delivered my truck a day early. They're not the cheapest company I spoke with but their service was worth the extra cost. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.fishershipping.com

Old 04-02-2017, 08:58 AM

998 posts, read 1,236,516 times
Usually the car has to be drivable. You're going to battery eventually so buy one now

Old 04-02-2017, 09:00 AM

998 posts, read 1,236,516 times
Reliable and Intercity are two good companies ... assuming you have a valuable car that you want shipped enclosed.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 AM

6 posts, read 15,776 times
Well, if you are searching for a car transport company, specifically from Fla to NC then I would, recommend you to hire We Will Transport It services, because last month my friend also had hired We Will Transport It (Auto Shipping Florida | Car Transport FL | We Will Transport It) services and he had found that they had transported his car to NC safely at an affordable price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues