Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 03:39 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times

Advertisements

I am surprised by the "oh, you have to put up with inconvenience when you are selling your house."

nope.

Leaving your house to accommodate a scheduled showing is an inconvenience, but one you knowingly take on when you list your house. Same thing with having to keep it showing ready all day - it's not fun, but it's part of the drill. An inconvenience.

Having someone enter your home at an unscheduled time isn't an inconvenience, it's a violation of your privacy. Just because your home is listed doesn't give someone the right to enter it at any time.

OP, can you get a lockbox that you can put on and take off yourself? That way, you can take it off when the home isn't available for showings. Or at least be able to open it up yourself and remove the key - you could take it out at night and then put it back the next morning, once you are dressed and the house is ready to be shown. It's not the normal process but if agents in your area are that rude, you are entitled to take back some control over the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 03:41 PM

505 posts, read 580,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryDriver123 View Post
We're selling our house. I'm a part time worker and live with my dad. He put the house on the market in the middle of last year. Lately we've been having problems with agents showing up as early as 2 hours and not calling us to tell us they would be early.

On of these agents actually lied about calling us. The company who is selling our house has both of our phone numbers. The agent who showed up 2 hours early argued with me saying that she called me dad. If one of us hears from the company or agents we call the other to let each other know.

My dad is always great about telling me when someone is coming to see the house. So you can imagine my surprise when the agent shows up 2 hours early. She didn't even leave a voice mail to let my dad or me know, despite her telling me that she did. My dad even checked his voicemail and it showed nothing.

We called the main agent for the company and she said she would remind the agent to keep appointment times or call us beforehand.

Same thing happened a few days ago. They showed up a half hour early without calling us. Granted, a half hour early is okay since I was already heading out the door.

But the 2 hours early is extreme plus the lying to us. I could have been taking a shower lol.

Tonight someone is coming between 5:00 and 6:30. Is this common to have a house shown this late night? How do you deal with this?
This happened to me. I was sick, in bed with a temperature and no one was scheduled for a showing. Next thing, I'm being woken up to two strange men walking through the house (I'm a female, alone). Then the agency lied about putting these men on the list and no one called or texted! Home selling is such an infuriating process!

Old 02-06-2017, 03:47 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,955,366 times
When I put my house on the market, the Only Key that was in the LockBox was the key to the door lock,

The Dead Bolt key was not in the LockBox. So R/E could not just wonder in with calling first.

If I was going out I would flip the Dead Bolt off, so they could get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues