U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 06:36 PM

30 posts, read 27,481 times

Advertisements

I moved to FL from DE on a whim. I was 21 and had just graduated. Someone said to me a few years ago, "I don't know why you moved down there. And nothing's worked out for you since you've been there." And its true, things haven't worked out. I'm wondering if I'm still in the wrong place. Have I been here long enough that its better to stay now? Or should I go back? A part of me also wonders that if I go back, I will just have the same problems that I do now in FL.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:48 PM

5,039 posts, read 5,929,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerj View Post
A part of me also wonders that if I go back, I will just have the same problems that I do now in FL.
That you would even bring up the question suggests that you already know the answer: YES.

Get a handle on whatever it is that's keeping you from having the life that you want where you are.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:05 PM

30 posts, read 27,481 times
Right... You are right... But I've also heard it said, "Sometimes you gotta change your circumstances." I used to live with a 60-year old guy (I am 28). When I got outta there, I felt great. I live with my friends now.

Maybe I never belonged here.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:07 PM

7,210 posts, read 2,979,878 times
Quote:
I moved to FL from DE on a whim. I was 21 and had just graduated. Someone said to me a few years ago, "I don't know why you moved down there. And nothing's worked out for you since you've been there." And its true, things haven't worked out. I'm wondering if I'm still in the wrong place. Have I been here long enough that its better to stay now? Or should I go back? A part of me also wonders that if I go back, I will just have the same problems that I do now in FL.
You don't give enough information to provide any analysis. Hopefully you didn't land in Jacksonville. Second guessing yourself does no good. But you can move forward no matter where you end up.
It's tough relocating cross-country alone. I did it with and without a companion. It's much easier to cope with one.
We all have our stories.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:32 PM

4,924 posts, read 3,398,732 times
Have you been working since you moved there? What prompted you to move in with such an older man? Why are you now not living with him?

You've supplied u with more questions than answers. Please explain so we can help you.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 PM

24,629 posts, read 23,594,636 times
Do you have any family or friends in Delaware?

I'm not going to sound like mom until you give me more details.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 AM

4,787 posts, read 9,218,464 times
OP- you really need to explain more.

Where did you expect to be with your work life seven years out from college ? Are you there- if not , why not.

Seven years out from college, you should be able to afford your own home/ apartment. Do you need to be living with room mates ?

If your life isn't going the way you want, then you need to figure out what you want and how to get it. If may have less to do with where you live and more to do with your ability to plan your life and work at making your plans come true.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:26 AM

11,018 posts, read 3,900,807 times
Not enough info! Where can you make a better living? Which state has better COL? Do you have friends or family in either state?

Old 02-26-2017, 01:02 PM

4,560 posts, read 4,047,744 times
Quote:
You aren't even 30, yet. Some people have moved 3 times in the time since you graduated. You don't have to go back to Delaware, you know -- it's a big, big world, and you have no ties, apparently. This is the time of your life that you don't have to think about much else other than yourself.

Might want to talk to a career counselor and see if you're really in the right field, and what your options might be?

Old 02-26-2017, 01:45 PM

116 posts, read 48,797 times
to gardnerj:
You are fine and young and pretty accomplished for the age.
Maybe the feeling you are overwhelmed right now with is due to something you're taking on a regular basis, like energy-sugary drink or so.
No circumstance will change established individual, and I consider you one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or