U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:03 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,509,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You hit it right on the head! Seattle has become San Francisco with way,way worse weather. We always said about Seattle, "if summer happened to fall on a Sunday we would go fishing"...
For some, these places are paradise, just not for me.

Thanks to everyone thus far for the input and suggestions. Definitely have some things to look into for awhile now as we narrow our list of places

Old 04-25-2017, 12:25 PM

6,885 posts, read 3,819,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Politics is a big reason why i am unhappy where I currently live, so wanting to get away from this "type" is warranted I'd think. And "old school" types will throw in racist/judgemental words in normal conversation, they just don't think about it, which is fine.
But why would you discuss politics with people who you either don't know well or know they disagree with you? Are you one of those people who feels a need to let everyone you meet hear your views?

Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
But why would you discuss politics with people who you either don't know well or know they disagree with you? Are you one of those people who feels a need to let everyone you meet your views?
Me discussing politics doesn't happen often, because when I do, people get offended and butt hurt.

Me not being a major liberal in San Francisco means on a daily basis I deal with and put up with non stop liberal views & political talk. I rarely chime in, usually just go about my day. But being around it all the time, gets rather old and annoying.

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand and you want to argue. Am I not allowed to want to be away from certain things?

Old 04-25-2017, 12:53 PM

6,466 posts, read 3,614,024 times
You don't have to discuss politics to get an ear full of extreme opinions these days. Better to find a moderate/balanced sort of place. Actually a place where the politics are "settled" as either red or blue might be better than places where things are in flux. California is a blue state but not every place in the state feels the need to convince everyone they are true believers.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:55 PM

1,581 posts, read 1,495,681 times
Quote:
Me discussing politics doesn't happen often, because when I do, people get offended and butt hurt.

Me not being a major liberal in San Francisco means on a daily basis I deal with and put up with non stop liberal views & political talk. I rarely chime in, usually just go about my day. But being around it all the time, gets rather old and annoying.

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand and you want to argue. Am I not allowed to want to be away from certain things?
"Not chiming in" with politics is pretty easy to do if you really don't want to do it. (not you specifically, "you" in general). Where I get affected by politics is when it hits my bank account. It doesn't matter how quiet I am about politics, I can't do anything about government forced finances. This was my biggest problem when I was in California. I lived in a quite liberal area of California (Burbank and Hollywood) and a kinda-middleish part (San Diego). I was able to not chime in with my political beliefs but the most frustrating thing was being taxed so much.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
"Not chiming in" with politics is pretty easy to do if you really don't want to do it. (not you specifically, "you" in general). Where I get affected by politics is when it hits my bank account. It doesn't matter how quiet I am about politics, I can't do anything about government forced finances. This was my biggest problem when I was in California. I lived in a quite liberal area of California (Burbank and Hollywood) and a kinda-middleish part (San Diego). I was able to not chime in with my political beliefs but the most frustrating thing was being taxed so much.
It's hard not to chime in with the amount that you get taxed in California. I feel it every paycheck and never eases the pain!

Old 04-25-2017, 01:52 PM

11,043 posts, read 3,952,099 times
Quote:
It's hard not to chime in with the amount that you get taxed in California. I feel it every paycheck and never eases the pain!
Absolutely! That's why we got out of Illinois!!

Old 04-25-2017, 02:22 PM

11,907 posts, read 20,330,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
But why would you discuss politics with people who you either don't know well or know they disagree with you? Are you one of those people who feels a need to let everyone you meet hear your views?
The whackadoo WAY far left types go after everyone who doesn't believe like you, and it's in the forefront here like you wouldn't imagine.

There's no discussion with them. And it's all they think about.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The whackadoo WAY far left types go after everyone who doesn't believe like you, and it's in the forefront here like you wouldn't imagine.

There's no discussion with them. And it's all they think about.
This is true, glad someone can back me up on this. If you aren't liberal in San Francisco, you're automatically racist and a bigot. One of the many reasons we shall be leaving

Old 04-25-2017, 05:05 PM

96 posts, read 72,385 times
Quote:
This is true, glad someone can back me up on this. If you aren't liberal in San Francisco, you're automatically racist and a bigot. One of the many reasons we shall be leaving

Up here in Portland, specifically/mostly Multnomah County is getting that way too. Protests constantly, some peaceful, some not so much.

I'll be moving out of here sometime next year, most likely Central Florida. No state income taxes, lower cost of living, and no more gray, dreary damp cold constant rain for 9 months of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or