U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 PM

673 posts, read 2,912,847 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to move from Virginia to Wisconsin in about 3 years. We're waiting for him to comeplete his Masters degree and for myself to complete my Bachelors degree. What I'm wondering is, how far in advance do you put your house up for sale? And what about jobs and trying to buy a new house?

I made the move from Wisconsin to Virginia back in 2000 but it was so much easier! We moved into an apartment, so no house was involved and it was just me moving. Now we have one child and we plan to have another one by the time we move, plus we both have our jobs to leave behind and find new ones. Our daughter will be going into 1st grade so I really want to get up there before the school year starts so we can get somewhat settled and I dont want to have her switch schools in the middle of the year. We plan to move in Summer 2011.

Any information would be helpful! I'm trying to preplan this already in my head because I know it will be here before we know it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 12:59 PM

648 posts, read 2,674,266 times
i've been planning for my move to upstate ny for about 3 years now it's down to 1 year and i've started selling things that i don't want to take with me and boxing things that i want to take but don't use like books and nick nacks and photographs. and i've started fixing problems with my house so that when it comes time to put it on the market in january 2009 all i have to do is put in new carpet and flooring and do a little last minute cleaning. my plan is to have it sold by summer 2009. with the market the way it's been, i'm hoping i can sell in 6 months!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues