Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 08:33 AM

384 posts, read 376,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Forget the social and emotional, even. The back and forth is absolutely horrible for their education. The social and emotional can be overcome with time. Major learning deficits can set kids up for failure- for their whole life!

This, I would pick a place and stay put for the kids well being. We moved our sons across country after they were one year into high school and one year into college and it turned into an utter disaster for them. This was for a job btw, looking back I would have never moved , once your kids are grown and out you can move all you want but they need stability right now .

Old 09-17-2017, 09:08 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little pink View Post
This, I would pick a place and stay put for the kids well being. We moved our sons across country after they were one year into high school and one year into college and it turned into an utter disaster for them. This was for a job btw, looking back I would have never moved , once your kids are grown and out you can move all you want but they need stability right now .
One year into college? At that point shouldn't it have been their choice to stay or move since they are adults?

Old 09-17-2017, 07:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Doesn't look like the OP is coming back.....

Old 09-17-2017, 10:40 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Honestly, if you want to live in NC, just live there. If you sit down with your DH you can figure out how to save money for a down payment. Perhaps you could find a less expensive apartment? Perhaps you can find small ways to save. Frankly, you should have been saving all along, with three children. You need a cushion anyway.

I suspect you have not done your research. You should have been talking to local realtors who can advise how much money you might need for a down payment. I doubt you have enough knowledge about your goals to uproot your family yet again.

Before you do anything, have a plan. But I would not move a family of five to my parents' house unless I absolutely had to.

And, you are pretty casual about finding another job. If you stay where you are, won't you get raises every year? Won't you have the insurance you need? Sure you can find another job, but if the job in NC is a really good one, I wouldn't give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues