U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:50 AM

798 posts, read 375,296 times

Advertisements

Weather was not a main factor when we chose to move to Wyoming, our priority was getting out of California and hubby getting a good job up north somewhere.

However now that we have moved away from central CA we are so much happier living in a four season location, with summer heat that barely goes above eighty. Gone are the heat waves of 100+ days all summer long. Gone is the bad air quality.

I definitely think weather will be a bigger determining factor if/when we choose to move again as we'll be much older and the snow and ice may be hard to navigate safely, both in our vehicles and on foot. I'd rather opt to snowbird away somewhere warmer for the winter months if possible, but then it wouldn't feel like Christmas without the snow. Hmmm.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:12 PM

661 posts, read 788,830 times
Unquestionably. I left DC metro for Cali in part due to weather. When I had to find another job, I chose Miami in no small part due to the weather.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:26 AM

722 posts, read 512,272 times
We moved for better schools and healthcare. But the fact that our current location has some fluctuations in weather is a huge side benefit for me. I lived in Albuquerque for 40 years and constant sunny skies except for the brief monsoon season really did a number on me. Glad to live in a place with more weather variety even if it means spring snow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or